Bored? Watch a sandwich go mouldy

Soldato
OP
Went to make some toast at the weekend and this was the state of the leftover bread from making the sandwich:

IwOhF5K.jpg

So yeah, I dunno. Can bread go mouldy when it's stale? Surely with more time?

I'm also worried that the LED lights may be prohibiting growth or actively killing any mould.

Soldato
OP
What bread did you use? I think McDonalds would be interested in finding out :p

I know right. It was just a loaf of Kingsmill from Aldi. Not sure what's happened to the bottom though, it's been sucked right in. We were planning to run it for 3 weeks until it went mouldy but looks like we'll need to carry it on...!

Commissario
I know right. It was just a loaf of Kingsmill from Aldi. Not sure what's happened to the bottom though, it's been sucked right in. We were planning to run it for 3 weeks until it went mouldy but looks like we'll need to carry it on...!
If you'd gone with Warburtons Wholemeal it would probably have gone mouldy on day 3 ;)
We find it's often got mould before the best before date regardless of where we store it.

Soldato
If you'd gone with Warburtons Wholemeal it would probably have gone mouldy on day 3 ;)
We find it's often got mould before the best before date regardless of where we store it.

I find that often happens to wholemeal bread regardless of the brand, must be less preservatives in it I guess!

Capodecina
Soldato
No updates for two days, what is going on? This is important.

I'm wondering if that bread will ever go mouldy now, seeing as it hasn't started to mould after 37 days. It may just get harder and harder.

Back
Top Bottom