Boris and the burka

Soldato
As anyone here read the full Boris article? I haven't. But from what I understand there is some twisting of what he actually wrote.

So does anyone have a link to his full article?

Soldato
It's interesting. Motorcyclists are asked to remove their helmets before entering a petrol station, so should Burka wearing females. In fact, Burka wearing females should be welcoming the lift of oppression. I see one fine has been imposed in the EU and she was either asked to remove it, or told to leave the public space. She chose the latter.

Let's not also forget that ISIS and equivalent sympathisers have been found to wear such garb in order to go undetected throughout society.

Now we just need to stop men holding hands in public and we'll be back to the 90s when the world was a much nicer place to live.

Soldato
No woman in a burqa (or a hijab or a burkini) has ever done me any harm. But I was sacked (without explanation) by a man in a suit. Men in suits missold me pensions and endowments, costing me thousands of pounds. A man in a suit led us on a disastrous and illegal war. Men in suits led the banks and crashed the world economy. Other men in suits then increased the misery to millions through austerity. If we are to start telling people what to wear, maybe we should ban suits.
Henry Stewart
London

Capodecina
Soldato
Boris said "I would go further and say that it is absolutely ridiculous that people should choose to go around looking like letter boxes."
Shah said "Those abused girls in Rotherham and elsewhere just need to shut their mouths. For the good of diversity."

Yet his comments are worse? :confused: :eek:
Wikipedia said:
Shah retweeted and liked a tweet from an Owen Jones parody account which read: "Those abused girls in Rotherham and elsewhere just need to shut their mouths. For the good of diversity". Shah deleted the retweet and unliked the tweet soon after. A spokesperson for Shah said: "This was a genuine accident eight days ago that was rectified within minutes."
Bonker Boris' comment was carefully considered, submitted to and accepted by the Torygraph and he hasn't apologised for or retracted his racist comment

Yes, you are quite right, Bonker Boris' unabashed racism is worse than Shah's stupidity for which she has apologised.

Last edited:
Associate
Bonker Boris' comment was carefully considered, submitted to and accepted by the Torygraph and he hasn't apologised for or retracted his racist comment

Yes, you are quite right, Bonker Boris' racism is worse than Shah's stupidity.
He's expressed his incredulity at why some people choose to dress the way they do.

Please explain how this is racist.

Caporegime
It's weird...multiple people accusing him of racism have been asked to explain how his comments were racist. Yet none have...hmmm.
It is and as a muslim I’m finding it absolutely hilarious at the over reaction of it all.

I don’t think it’s any way, shape or form racist what he said.

But come on Boris is anything but racist, he’s too ******* stupid to even be a racist. I just saw it as someone who made a few ignorant statements when really he didn’t need to. He could have put his point across without using derogatory terms ie letterbox etc etc.

Capodecina
Soldato
He's expressed his incredulity at why some people choose to dress the way they do.

Please explain how this is racist.
Bonker Boris described Muslim Women wearing the burqa as resembling "letterboxes" and "looking like a bank robber".

It beggars belief that you would need to have that explained to you.

Back
Top Bottom