Bosch legacy

Soldato
Watched all 4 initial episodes yesterday as I was off work and feeling a bit under the weather. Usual high standard of production and looking forward to the rest of the series.

Doesn't seem to be 4K which is a shame.

Commissario
I get the feeling that I’m in a minority, I like Mads. Having seen her grow up from a young age I am somewhat protective of her when she, frequently, does something stupid.
Yup

She's basically a "human" rather than a fully formed and grown, with years of experience in the job rookie cop.
IIRC most of her "mistakes" shown as she's a cop are similar to ones I've heard or read police officers complain about even experienced cops making - IIRC a lot of police never trust another cop's assertion that a suspect has been searched properly for weapons until they've done a double check because of how easy it is to miss things (and how sloppy some officers get), or they'll re-cuff a suspect because they're mot happy with the job the previous officer did.

She's effectively in many cases making the sort of mistakes that Harry either might have made, or didn't make because by the time he joined the police he'd basically survived the sort of tour in Vietnam that very few people were were not either exceptionally good, or exceptionally lucky did.

It's also worth remembering that Harry has made a number of mistakes in various of the books and TV shows, that have from memory led to him being shot, captured or a suspect doing something.

Soldato
I really hope these bent cops come to a sticky end. Not wanted to see someone get offed this bad since Ramsay Bolton in GoT.

Associate
Finished Bosch Legacy S1, really enjoyed but miss the Hollywood PD cast. J Edgar was always a great character. LT, Billy(?) the chap who goes to the bar with the tattooed barmaid/owner, and the others. Miss them.

The assassin complete with catsuit was stretching reality a bit. Maddie, just annoys, the geek block needs to shave. Bosch and daughter are super cops, and the plot always goes personal. Nonetheless, I've watched Bosch S1 through to S1 Legacy and overall, really enjoyed it!

The adverts aren't too intrusive, they just seem pointless. It was very sad to read about Lance Reddick and Annie Wersching passing.

Last edited:
Associate
The adverts aren't too intrusive, they just seem pointless.
They are pretty bare-able, nothing like Ch4 where you get 3 mins of unskippable ads every 10 mins or so and the nature of these apps on tvs mean you cant change channel etc.

Unfortunately this is just part of softening you up.... Move a well liked , widely watched series like Bosch to ads.... Yep they stuck with it.. now move everything to ads. They put up with 1 min of ads twice .. make it 2 mins of ads 3 times and so on, except unlike youtube which takes the absolute pee with ads, you are actually paying for this ...

Last edited:
Associate
@hudson86 100% agree, it is testing the water. No way would I pay if the ads go that way.

During Bosch Freevee you get these pauses when they switch scenes, not very subtle, like an ad break is about to kick in?

Don't remember this on the earlier episodes*.

* Might be paranoia on my part but it seems like this was edits for ads, but they never featured.

Associate
@hudson86 100% agree, it is testing the water. No way would I pay if the ads go that way.

During Bosch Freevee you get these pauses when they switch scenes, not very subtle, like an ad break is about to kick in?

Don't remember this on the earlier episodes*.

* Might be paranoia on my part but it seems like this was edits for ads, but they never featured.
I didnt notice it, but its probably the case getting it ready for the future having ads at the same points as US broadcast tv.

I've recently rewatched the Xfiles from start to end, and its very obvious and quite annoying when the cuts happen often ruining the flow.

Last edited:
Associate
Watched all 4 initial episodes yesterday as I was off work and feeling a bit under the weather. Usual high standard of production and looking forward to the rest of the series.

Doesn't seem to be 4K which is a shame.
from what i understand when they decide to finish Bosch, but also decide to take bosch in a new direction "Bosch Legacy" they decide it be apart of Freevee service that they were in the process of doing all contain on freevee is 1080p max, hence no 4K.

Back
Top Bottom