Botched execution in the US

Caporegime
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-27215508

European drugs companies are refusing to supply the chemicals used in lethal injections for the purposes of administering the death penalty. Some states are using untried methods of execution to get around that and this is the inevitable result. Uncontrollable shaking for 40 minutes followed by death from a heart attack. Ugh. No matter what the chap has done no-one deserves that.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-27215508

European drugs companies are refusing to supply the chemicals used in lethal injections for the purposes of administering the death penalty. Some states are using untried methods of execution to get around that and this is the inevitable result. Uncontrollable shaking for 40 minutes followed by death from a heart attack. Ugh. No matter what the chap has done no-one deserves that.

That's up for debate, not even Hitler?

In all seriousness, i know what you mean.

It was a poor choice of drugs to be honest. I really don't know why they chose midazolam and the vecuronium in the doses they do - there is no logic behind it. They clearly didn't get it right because it is quite obvious that the only real effect was coming from the potassium chloride. It is disgusting what they do in the first place but really disgusting they way they did it. It is hardly difficult to kill someone painlessly with drugs. US doctors fail again because they have a greater allegiance to the state than the people in their care.

Wow!

I am anti death penalty, but I couldn't shed a tear for those two. Both heinous monsters.

If they have to have the death penalty, then they had it right with the firing squad imo. 5 rifles, same target, no messing about, over in a split second.

Not agreeing with capital punishment but I can't help but think at least a few potential killers/rapists have seen that in the news and re-evaluated the risk/reward factor again in their warped minds!

What a horrible thing for the people in the viewing room to witness though.

As other have said. No sympathy. I think if the death penalty is wrong it's because of what it makes of us, not what it does to them.

Great news. Now he knows what his victim went through before dying. And the other one that was to be killed, raped and killed a child.

Bring back Old Sparky I say ;)

Back
Top Bottom