Botched execution in the US

Soldato
Great news. Now he knows what his victim went through before dying. And the other one that was to be killed, raped and killed a child.

Bring back Old Sparky I say ;)

Yep give him a death so there's no punishment for him, he's dead and that's that. He got off pretty likely would have been better if he had until the rest of his life in a room with no freedom.

Soldato
Lethal injection seems to have been made a very complicated process. Yet when you take an animal to the vet to be put down it takes a matter of seconds for them to pass on peacefully.

Why can't they use a larger dosage of this?

Soldato
It is hardly difficult to kill someone painlessly with drugs.

This really. I have always been somewhat baffled at how various US states have, over the years, managed to develop and adopt so many bizarre and over-complicated methods of of questionable reliability for executing people!

If you want quick and effective. Long drop hanging is hard to beat.

(For a bit of Street theatre, Firing squad is pretty effective too ;))

If you want "Humane" Inert gas asphyxiation or slow decompression!

If you want slow and unpleasant (Which I can see some might want). Short drop hanging!

Why overcomplicate things!

Soldato
Yep give him a death so there's no punishment for him, he's dead and that's that. He got off pretty likely would have been better if he had until the rest of his life in a room with no freedom.

Being fried for 5 mins in old sparky is the way to go. Or cuff them and give the parents a baseball bat ;)

Soldato
As other have said. No sympathy. I think if the death penalty is wrong it's because of what it makes of us, not what it does to them.

Very interesting point of view. Have to agree.

Not agreeing with capital punishment but I can't help but think at least a few potential killers/rapists have seen that in the news and re-evaluated the risk/reward factor again in their warped minds!

I can't imagine that you're right. Do you think that a rapist does a quick calculation of what the going punishment is, and evaluates whether it's worth it before doing the deed? There's no indication (quite the opposite) that the existence of the death penalty in some US states has a downward effect on violent crime rates.

Soldato
He raped and murdered an 11 month old little girl and shot another 19 year old. I hope the pain was unbearable during the execution.

Soldato
Lethal injection seems to have been made a very complicated process. Yet when you take an animal to the vet to be put down it takes a matter of seconds for them to pass on peacefully.

Why can't they use a larger dosage of this?

Because what the vets use is by and large what they used to use in the US and before they had problems sourcing the drugs. Therefore, they turned to an alternative method got all their dosages wrong.

So whilst we can all go lol America let's not forget it was the actions of the EU that resulted in the US states who use drugs to kill to source an inadequate route. Not that this condones it or justifies it or excuses it in any shape or form. More, it is an example of how when you make such decisions for the so called right reasons you may end up with some very bad consequences.

Associate
As others have said, I don't agree with the death penalty, but I have absolutely no sympathy for him, nor dislike the fact he may have died painfully.

Permabanned
Reminds me of that film with Gerard Butler, for the life of me I can't remember what it was called. But yeah I also don't give a **** regardless of what crime he committed. A criminal is a criminal and should be publicly stoned to death, he got of lightly. At least he had a good meal before this took place.

Back
Top Bottom