Botched execution in the US

Caporegime
I'm in favour of whatever's cheapest and whatever gets them in the ground the quickest.

Whatever is cheapest is not state legislated murder but to keep them in prison and throw away the key.
Actually, I lie, what is cheaper is to try to rehabilitate the prisoner so they are no longer a cost to society.

Soldato
An execution case in the US costs more than full life imprisonment on average, as mentioned many times before, so your point about money is just irrelevant, or at least in the favour of not actually executing people.

Caporegime
Why don't they use halal slaughter methods as they are incredibly humane and scientific evidence proves it to be not only painless but pleasurable to the intended victim.

LOL

I do wonder how many of the advocates, if in a position where they were forced to chose, would go for 'halal slaughter method' over say nitrous oxide or a lethal injection carried out with proper anesthetic, opiates etc..

Soldato
Remember back to that feeling you got in school when you were accused of something you didn't do?

Now think of that with the added bonus of getting killed whilst some knob wanders around alive.

If i was in that situation that i was wrongfully convicted for something i didn't do,there's not much you can do about it..Id rather get shot than strapped down,lines put into my arms then wait while the poison goes in..oh wait,they botched the job now im in serious pain and slowly dieing.

Soldato
It's all very strange.

Scientifically its simple and well known (in the industry) how to kill someone by lethal injection without pain - oddly its near no different to general anesthesia, one drug to knock you out, the other to stop everything working (its why your breathing is done by a machine under a general).

So why they cannot just do that in lethal injection cases I don't know, they would die from not breathing and they wouldn't be aware as they are unconscious.

Have a feeling its something to do with high up bible bashers in the US of A, and that's not far fetched imo - those sorts want 'retribution' for crimes and legal murder gives you an easy to do method........you can make them suffer all you like and who is going to stop you? not like a dead person will take anyone to court - seems they messed up the suffering part - they probably want them to suffer quietly for hours on end then die, as long as they appear dead, job done, no one will ever 'find out' will they?

Last edited:
Associate
Scientifically its simple and well known (in the industry) how to kill someone by lethal injection without pain - oddly its near no different to general anesthesia, one drug to knock you out, the other to stop everything working (its why your breathing is done by a machine under a general).

So why they cannot just do that in lethal injection cases I don't know, they would die from not breathing and they wouldn't be aware as they are unconscious.

No it's not, anaesthesia is complicated and peoples reactions to drugs are many and varied.

The Americans should take it as a sign that they're backward and quit killing people.

Back
Top Bottom