• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Both RX Vega 64 & 56 Beat GTX 1080 Ti in Forza 7 DX12 benchmarks

Hi, We now know Vega wasn't ahead because of the game taking advantage of Vega specific features, Polaris, Grenada and Fiji were also performing above their weight, It was due to Nvidia not getting a game optimised driver out in time for the reviews, They now have one out and the AMD cards are positioning as expected.
It was great that AMD had great performance from the off though and kudos to them for it.

To be fair Jigger the thread title is factually incorrect. Pascal crucifies Vega would be far more accurate and correct for the thread title.

TBH fair Vega is still faster and AMD probably havent done much in the way of driver optimisation either.

"Crucifies" and "to be fair" needs a special mention though.

Just run a TitanP on the Forza benchmark.

A Stock TitanP and GTX 1080 Ti have almost identical performance.

All runs were done using totally maxed settings.

I have included some runs using the default dynamic settings (Ultra) for comparison but these don't mean much as the game adjusts the settings as it see fit.

I have put the results in a little spreadsheet as no one wants to look at loads of 2160p screenshots.

The settings I have used are posted below so if anyone wants to use them to compare their cards they can.:)

NsqcEBw.jpg

FLA3GXk.jpg

w7F6gVx.jpg

Interesting. Any screenshots to compare graphics quality? Not trying to stir but they have done it before.

Looking at the benchmark as it runs different settings make little difference to image quality. This is one game where turning down the settings to get it to run will make little difference to appearance, 1080p looks almost as good as 2160p.

Having said that the actual game may differ in appearance to the benchmark image quality wise.

Checked Store for updates downloaded Forza 7 Demo update. Launched game, found Setting Performance Target now has new option Unlocked. Played a race I get around 100 fps at 1080p maxed out settings included 8xMSAA, not dynamic settings. Very impressed, felt very smoother and much easy to control car, saw my 4C/8T 3770K's core 1 and core 4 at 100% the whole time. It amazing my 3770K was not bottlenecked yet in 5.5 years and still have lots of mileages left. :) Still waiting for 8700K delivery today tonight and motherboard on Friday.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom