• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Both RX Vega 64 & 56 Beat GTX 1080 Ti in Forza 7 DX12 benchmarks

Soldato
350 for the 56 makes it a buy and 450 for the 64 is the most it should be and its just a maybe then.
1080Ti or Vega 64 (both the same price)
:D To me thats a silly question because I disregard prices over RRP, if there is only 3 in stock and they sell it the same price as a 1080ti then yes get that instead. Even if buying now and sell Jan when vega price drops (to match freesync etc), I presume the loss will be less.
The premium is just a markup that can disappear overnight, the ironic thing is that owning a 64 means less depreciation if buying it at rrp so I hate to say its a positive for owners

Soldato
Lesson? People should always be buying high quality psu, The issue mentioned has more to do with a single gpu card being rated as requiring a 1000 watt PSU. There seems to be a wide variance in the requirements with Vega, I was assured by people here and people on the phone with OCUK that a good quality 850 watt psu would be more than enough so I bought a HX850i Platinum psu but it wasn't enough, Plenty of people have used 850's and even 750's without issue but plenty can't. That also ties in with rumours of board partners being unable to find a stable overclock for non reference models, It's the variance between chips, I think it's a C0 revision issue more than anything, It'll be interesting to see whether AMD have supplied board partners with C0 or C1 chips. But I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to give out all the C0 chips they couldn't use in the reference air cooled Vega's to the board partners and they said sod that you're taking the mickey, we're not going to bother seeing as you're trying to palm us off with the dud's. And that brings us to today where I still can't buy a non reference Vega card, Mid October!.

I would not buy a corsair PSU these days is what i am getting at. My old tx 750 was a great buy but these days you should stay away. Only a few of Corsair models are worth buying these days as quality has dropped off. When i bought mine it was the most recommended psu. It's not the case now. I was kind of having a laugh but i would bet money my 6 year old PSU would run Vega without to much sweat. Why not buy a super flower or along the lines.

All that aside Vega is a shockingly bad card for power. Sad state of affairs though when half decent psu's can't get the job done.

I guess you know now i don't rate most of Corsair Psu's. Was Gibbo and ocuk that said this a bit back when recommending models. Corsair highend was picked though but it was around 1000w before they were even mentioned i think.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I would not buy a corsair PSU these days is what i am getting at. My old tx 750 was a great buy but these days you should stay away. Only a few of Corsair models are worth buying these days as quality has dropped off. When i bought mine it was the most recommended psu. It's not the case now. I was kind of having a laugh but i would bet money my 6 year old PSU would run Vega without to much sweat. Why not buy a super flower or along the lines.

All that aside Vega is a shockingly bad card for power. Sad state of affairs though when half decent psu's can't get the job done.

I guess you know now i don't rate most of Corsair Psu's. Was Gibbo and ocuk that said this a bit back when recommending models. Corsair highend was picked though but it was around 1000w before they were even mentioned i think.

We live and learn, After spending £780 on a Vega AIO and having tried a 2 month old Gold rated 650 watt EVGA G2 psu, a 4 year old Bronze rated 850 watt Corsair TX psu and a brand new Platinum rated 850 watt Corsair HXi psu I had to cut my losses and return the Vega before OCUK's 14 day no quibble return policy ran out. I couldn't afford or justify paying an additional £200 for a 1000 watt PSU on top of paying £780 for the Vega AIO. Even if I had wanted too the performance doesn't warrant the price.

Soldato
Well MS's DX (any version) vs open source OpenGL games and we know what got in more games
OpenGL was actually in more games than Direct3D until post Y2K when Microsoft's method of "don't fix it just throw money at developers and FUD at OpenGL" saw D3D take the lead around 2003.

Soldato
We live and learn, After spending £780 on a Vega AIO and having tried a 2 month old Gold rated 650 watt EVGA G2 psu, a 4 year old Bronze rated 850 watt Corsair TX psu and a brand new Platinum rated 850 watt Corsair HXi psu I had to cut my losses and return the Vega before OCUK's 14 day no quibble return policy ran out. I couldn't afford or justify paying an additional £200 for a 1000 watt PSU on top of paying £780 for the Vega AIO. Even if I had wanted too the performance doesn't warrant the price.

I would still have expected those to run it. Any chance the card was faulty? If the card was not faulty I am still shocked tbh. AmdMatt was running 290x crossfire from a decent 750w with some overclocking. He did upgrade the psu as it was probably not safe at the time, it still powered it though. Vega not running on those psu's must not be down to wattage alone.

Soldato
I would still have expected those to run it. Any chance the card was faulty? If the card was not faulty I am still shocked tbh. AmdMatt was running 290x crossfire from a decent 750w with some overclocking. He did upgrade the psu as it was probably not safe at the time, it still powered it though. Vega not running on those psu's must not be down to wattage alone.

It was a faulty card.

Caporegime
Guys, what would you choose? 1080Ti or Vega 64 (both the same price) or Vega 56 or 1080 (again both the same price)

Has to be the Ti and the 1080, Vega' are just not worth buying at the prices they are.

If i was Gibbo, id be sending the buggers back, and just refusing to stock them, as they must just be sitting there collecting dust.

Soldato
Guys, what would you choose? 1080Ti or Vega 64 (both the same price) or Vega 56 or 1080 (again both the same price)
If I had to choose again, I'd still go with the Vega 64 LC as I want the best possible card to go with my £700 freesync monitor. Cost wasn't really a huge consideration for me anyway as I was always financing the card although I was fortunate enough to get mine for £638 with the 2 games on launch day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom