BOTW Weekly Results Round F - Fruit (Prize Round Too).

So is the consensus that fruit themed beer is generally a bit rubbish?

There are plenty of great fruit beers. The one I posted was amazing. Grapefruit Sculpin IPA from Ballast Point is one of the best rated beers in the world.

The other beer I was going to post, Cantillon Fou Foune (Apricot sour) is arguably the best beer ever made! Some people would be happy to pay £100+ for a bottle of that. Some of the vintages £500+

I'd say the consensus is that most fruit beers available in UK shops are generally a bit crap, depending on the shop.

Last edited:
So is the consensus that fruit themed beer is generally a bit rubbish?

I drank quite a few before entering my final one; I was going to enter the Liefmans Fruitesse and that was pretty poor. Not disgusting but certainly not beer, more like an alcopop. My girlfriend even liked it which says something as she hates beer.

The one I submitted was much more subtle, still tasted like beer but with a hint/after taste of passion fruit which was actually quite nice.

I think the trick is an infused fruit beer, not an actual fruit beer with like 15% fruit that comes out luminous.

Some good uniques there, well done all! I do like a decent fruit beer, but so few are easily available in the UK.

There are so many fruit beers available in the UK. We're not that far from Belgium, you know.

Have a look on some online stores. You might be suprised.

Pub, maybe not. 'Craft beer' or any decent bar usually have a decent selection. Although, not sure what the bar scene is like in Ipswich.

London, Leeds, Manchester or Newcastle then you're spoilt for choice. Even York and Oxford have their decent places with a good few to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom