BOTW Weekly Results Round F - Fruit (Prize Round Too).

Yes, I realise you can dig in to botanical definitions to argue almost anything about x being classified as y etc. but for all intents and purposes in in common parlance, coffee is in no way a fruit. Next time you host a dinner part or appear on 'come dine with me', serve a 'fruit salad' for dessert and lob some coffee beans on there... It will make for some intersting conversation! Lol maybe you can ask if they would like to finish with a 'fruit juice' when you in fact mean coffee.... Coffee is fruit right? So shame on them if they get the wrong end of the stick!

A coffee bean is a fruit, but was the beer flavoured with the fruit or the seed from the fruit?

...but I'm not going to push that too far because I suspect my vanilla entry is exactly the same! :p

The gamble was taken, and paid off. :)

Yes, I realise you can dig in to botanical definitions to argue almost anything about x being classified as y etc. but for all intents and purposes in in common parlance, coffee is in no way a fruit. Next time you host a dinner part or appear on 'come dine with me', serve a 'fruit salad' for dessert and lob some coffee beans on there... It will make for some intersting conversation! Lol maybe you can ask if they would like to finish with a 'fruit juice' when you in fact mean coffee.... Coffee is fruit right? So shame on them if they get the wrong end of the stick!

I do agree, I wouldn't have classed coffee as a fruit. Vanilla definitely isn't a fruit.

Technically Banana isn't either, but not accepting that would be silly.

Also, Coffee beer isn't always brewed with Coffee, and for that reason, could I have submitted Marble's Earl Grey IPA for fruit, providing a link which shows traditionally Earl Grey tea is made with Bergamot Orange?

At least all the rounds to come seem pretty straight forward, but I could be wrong :D

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm not asking for points to be taken away, if DJ accepts an entry it's fine by me.

I do agree, I wouldn't have classed coffee as a fruit. Vanilla definitely isn't a fruit.

Technically Banana isn't either, but not accepting that would be silly.

Also, Coffee beer isn't always brewed with Coffee, and for that reason, could I have submitted Marble's Earl Grey IPA for fruit, providing a link which shows traditionally Earl Grey tea is made with Bergamot Orange?

At least all the rounds to come seem pretty straight forward, but I could be wrong :D

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm not asking for points to be taken away, if DJ accepts an entry it's fine by me.

'Vanilla pods are the fruit of the vanilla orchid, a large, green stemmed, climbing perennial plant with a fleshy, succulent stem, smooth, thick, oblong and lancelot bright green leaves and numerous twining aerial roots by which it clings to trees in its wild state'

'It is the pit inside the red or purple fruit often referred to as a cherry. Just like ordinary cherries, the coffee fruit is also a so called stone fruit. Even though the coffee beans are seeds, they are referred to as 'beans' because of their resemblance to true beans.'

Also keep in mind that this round was named Fruit but was also accepting, berries.

I have zero issue with anyone questioning any decision made, it's all part of the fun :)

I did mention in my email entry that if it (coffee) was considered an invalid entry then no problem but you've got to risk it, where's the fun in playing safe*

*This should not be your life motto, stay safe kids

Back
Top Bottom