Bought a GTR

Soldato
Damn I am excited!

Been in an out of Nissan since the new GTR launched but never had the guts or cash to buy one. Business has been great over the last two years and last weekend I managed to sell my Impreza for way above trade in value to a friend of my brother so I finally caved the other day and put a deposit down on a new GTR.

Went for Daytona Blue with the Recaro interior.

The dealer just sent me these pictures now they got the car in!

Having the front end wrapped with paint protection film next Friday and should be picking it up on the Saturday.

Its going to be a long week!

Picture Update! http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=22926968&postcount=212

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Cheers guys, plenty of pictures once I pick it up!

The blue is awesome, really loved it on the old R34 and even though this blue is not the same it still really sets the whole car off compared to the more normal colours.

Your thread the other week is pretty much what set me off lusting after a GTR again after a few months not thinking about it :D so I blame you 100% ;)

Soldato
OP
Doesn't taking it on a track void the warranty anyway?

Nissan have a before and after track service where they check things and set it up for track geometry.
Not sure what happens if something goes wrong on the track, I think its still covered since they did the pre track checks.

Soldato
OP
Bloody troll :p

(somebody had to say it!!). :D

Seriously, nice car! You have earned it, enjoy!! :)

I was going to post the other day after I paid the deposit but waited until the car came in so I could at least post a picture!

When I have it I can post with my OCUK Mug and anyone local (Norwich area) to me can come and have a look if they want.

Soldato
OP
The newer models stock brakes are very good until you start doing multiple stops from 180+ and then you can get some heat cycle cracks in the drilled discs and burn the pads. Replacement OEM discs are expensive as are the pads but there are plenty of after market upgrades in pretty much every department for this car and as long as you don't edit the ECU you can do quite a bit without voiding the main engine/powertrain warranty.

Going to be using the car as a daily driver, I don't to a million miles a year but by no means is it going to be a garage queen, that's why I am having the front end wrapped.

Are you going to fit a dump valve?

Going to be keeping the stock recirculating valves, you can still hear some turbo noise from the wastegates though and I am a bit tired of the obnoxious pshhhhhhhh noise that I had from the SSQV on my Impreza!

Soldato
OP
Also the 911 Turbo S has a base price of 125k, could spend 50k in mods on a GTR and have a 1200HP Veyron killer ;)

Pretty sure Road and Track got 100mph in just over 7 seconds in the 2013 (US name for 2012) GTR.

So dependant on weather and track prep though, on NAGTROC the fastest 100% stock GTR is:

#1 - 10.876 sec @ 125.26 mph FikseGTS
2013 GTR Fully stock on OE Dunlop Summer Tires
1.614 60' (LC5) ⅛ = [email protected] mph; Δ = 26.79 mph
4/26/2012 @ Palm Beach International Raceway
http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?/topic/35199-official-nagtroc-14-mile-rankings/

Edit:

Missed this post:

That's the same car I was talking about :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Awsome car . I will own one of these !! Its the ONLY car to give me a hard time on the bike . On a section of road which was about 1 mile between roundabouts it was pulling 100 yards on me every time (although i dont think it was standard )

Out of interest what bike do you have?

Soldato
OP
2006 Tuono R 1000 vtwin .. About 140bhp which is down on the latest superbikes but rarely get beat in the 0 to 100 sprint and never by a car until i met the GTR .

Ah OK, was thinking most sports or superbikes would have no problem vs a GTR

Don't really know much about bikes though, other than I would like an MV Agusta just to look at :cool:

Soldato
OP
You lucky lucky man when does it arrive ?

In the first post, its getting paint protection done on Friday 3rd. Should pick it up in the afternoon or Saturday morning.

I live in North Norfolk and the car is in Bromley but travel to London a lot on the train for work so will travel down, stay with family and drive it home.

Not looking forward to Olympic traffic though :(

Soldato
OP
My car got paint protection film installed today! They had a cancellation and fit me in early.
Still going to London on Friday for meetings, staying over and picking the car up on Saturday!

Can't wait :D

Soldato
OP
That is for the old cars with the updated software.

Here is a copy and paste from the 2012 Owner's Manual.

R MODE START FUNCTION
This function enables the driver to start acceleration
from a stop by selecting R mode with the
VDC and transmission setup switch. The engine
output will be maintained at approximately 4,000
rpm.
If the R mode start function is used
4 times consecutively, the function
may be disabled and cannot be
turned on to protect the vehicle
system. While the function is dis-abled, the warning light illuminates.
When the warning light illuminates,
perform cool down driving.
( “Cool down” page GTR-13)
When the warning light turns off,
the function can be used again.

Cool down
The information and specifications in this
section apply only when engaging in
performance driving.
Cool down the vehicle to help extend the life of
the vehicle if coolant temperatures are extremely
high. Drive the vehicle at 37 to 50 MPH (60 to
80 km/h), in 5th or 6th gear for 2 to 3 miles (3 to
5 km) and then stop the engine.

There is loads of other info about things to do, settings, learning the road surface, weather conditions, seating position, etc. The list goes on!

The owners manual has been my nightly reading material and it hasn't helped me get to sleep! There really is so much to this car that you don't see in the reviews.

Soldato
OP
Nice one ^JP^ If it was me I wouldn't be able to sleep the night before. Post up plenty of pics and video please :)

Just been clearing out my garage, painted the floor with some anti slip anti oil garage paint and redid some of the wiring for lighting and a battery tender power point for when I am away.

Will post plenty of everything over the weekend. Even have a loaf of Hovis ready to go :p

Soldato
OP
Back
Top Bottom