Bought a GTR

Soldato
OP
It's cool they sent you photos of the work being done :)

Love the car! I think the colour is perfect.

Thanks! I love the colour also, in the sunlight it is really amazing.

SVM are awesome, one of the best "tuners" about.

They sent me so many pictures I just tried to pick out some key ones for the thread.

Their customer service manager also emailed, text or called me with updates every day letting me know what they were working on and how everything was going.
Including sending the pictures as they went along. Couldn't have asked for a better service.

Soldato
OP
Speaking from the comfort of my armchair as I haven't driven one, it's hard for me to get excited about the overall package. Yeah the numbers look fantastic and it's a very very capable car but even the average driver can drive these very very fast. And from what owners have said, they are just too fast for the road. Something less capable that you can push harder is more my idea of fun :)

But please, I challenge you to prove me wrong :p

The fastest thing I've been in is a 600bhp Evo VII so I'd be very interested in experiencing this! :)

One of the reasons (it is also the ultimate nerd car with the multifunction display) why I bought it, the computer system is so damn good, doesn't matter if the roads of full of water or bone dry you can just floor it, wait a bit and you are off!
I am sure also that with all the assists turned off it would take a lot of skill to drive it fast around a track if you so wish.
Corner to corner though, the road just vanishes behind you, its not a car, its a teleportation device :D

Would be happy to give you a passenger ride!

Soldato
OP
Awesome, you can tell when people have a passion for what they do.

Shame you're so far North, if you're ever in the South East gimme a shout would love to take some photos :)

Norwich isn't really North :( but it might as well be, without any motorways it takes just as long to get anywhere.

I always get the train to London.

Come watch the football in Norwich some time!

Soldato
OP
Just had a read through all the mods on your project thread.

You were not kidding when you said the gearbox clips are puny as standard compared to the new ones!

Yeah and the design hasn't changed since all the early gearbox failures due to launching.
They just changed the way the launch control brings in the power so there is less stress on the box and more slip on the clutch packs.

If you go back a page on this thread I posted most details from my gtroc thread also :)

Soldato
OP
We went to Cromer for chips & ice cream :D

Oh and I forgot in the first post, epic purchase. Will have to keep an eye out for you.

Thought it looked familiar!

I am over somewhere between Aylsham and North Walsham ;)

Office is in Norwich though, on Thorpe Road. Not driving the GTR in freezing conditions if you plan on looking for it!

If we have a meet over the winter I know a great pub location with big car park we could meet at.
http://www.theguntonarms.co.uk/
Its my local and very nice :D

Soldato
OP
Something about a 911 Turbo S still being faster in a straight line. I had no idea Nissan have just released a new one that does 0-60 in 2.7 seconds.

Ah fair enough!

My birthday is next week and I have a feeling I am getting one of these.

pb1.jpg

Can't wait to see what it does :D

Soldato
OP
Thanks mate that looks just right. Racelogic PerformanceBox is in the supported list.

Without getting into it too much right now, is it easy to sync up video with data log?

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys, I will try to keep the thread up to date.

So far running costs have only been Insurance and Petrol as I get 3 years of servicing and performance optimisations included in the new cost.

Insurance is just over 1k with Admiral (a little more now with mods declared) and I have done ~2k miles, averaging 18mpg only running V-Power so I guess that is just over 700 quid on fuel. I have all the receipts so can check.

Tyres and brakes will be the bigger expenses when the time comes!

Soldato
OP
Haha you guys... I have been buying almost everything I can from OCUK for the last 12 years!

Now you have me hooked on sweets that I never used to eat, 5 little packets in with the wheel.

wp20121210002.jpg

I have to keep these on my shelf now...
wp20121210003.jpg

Soldato
OP
I have the same wheel. Great piece of kit.

Happy B Day!

Thanks!

Wheel seems really solid, been spending the last hour playing with the pedal box and haven't even plugged the USB cable in yet.

So much to adjust!

Going to be using it with Project CARS but may also try out SHIFT 2 that came free.

Back
Top Bottom