Bought a GTR

Associate
Warranty won't go bust?

4 launches before you have to drive a mile for the transmission to cool off and then the fun can start again.

Do they state what sort of driving over that mile? I know it's a short distance but if you were doing 1 mile sprints I assume the transmission would still be working hard.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Normal sprints don't put half as much strain on the transmission as a launch would though, I think that's why they put that 1mile in, just drive a mile so the heat from the 4 launches eases off perhaps.

They fixed the launch issues in the 2011+ models if I remember right as there was the whole "omg warranty gone!" faff on previous models.

Edit*^^^ :)

Soldato
OP
That is for the old cars with the updated software.

Here is a copy and paste from the 2012 Owner's Manual.

R MODE START FUNCTION
This function enables the driver to start acceleration
from a stop by selecting R mode with the
VDC and transmission setup switch. The engine
output will be maintained at approximately 4,000
rpm.
If the R mode start function is used
4 times consecutively, the function
may be disabled and cannot be
turned on to protect the vehicle
system. While the function is dis-abled, the warning light illuminates.
When the warning light illuminates,
perform cool down driving.
( “Cool down” page GTR-13)
When the warning light turns off,
the function can be used again.

Cool down
The information and specifications in this
section apply only when engaging in
performance driving.
Cool down the vehicle to help extend the life of
the vehicle if coolant temperatures are extremely
high. Drive the vehicle at 37 to 50 MPH (60 to
80 km/h), in 5th or 6th gear for 2 to 3 miles (3 to
5 km) and then stop the engine.

There is loads of other info about things to do, settings, learning the road surface, weather conditions, seating position, etc. The list goes on!

The owners manual has been my nightly reading material and it hasn't helped me get to sleep! There really is so much to this car that you don't see in the reviews.

Soldato
Saw that the other day in Rutherglen, horiffic looking thing.

I've seen a plain white one in Rutherglen a few times down at the Coachworks, I wonder if it's the same one.

Nice one ^JP^ If it was me I wouldn't be able to sleep the night before. Post up plenty of pics and video please :)

Soldato
OP
Nice one ^JP^ If it was me I wouldn't be able to sleep the night before. Post up plenty of pics and video please :)

Just been clearing out my garage, painted the floor with some anti slip anti oil garage paint and redid some of the wiring for lighting and a battery tender power point for when I am away.

Will post plenty of everything over the weekend. Even have a loaf of Hovis ready to go :p

Associate
Won't take long to get here in a GT-R =]

:D

Nice one OP, looks great that and looking forward to the pictures!

Also, that camo wrap I actually kind of like.... in a strange, marmite ish kinda way! It's different, sticks out even more :) Saw a nice Pearlescent one the other day in East Grinstead. Pretty things they are. Massive road prescence.:)

Soldato
OP
Back
Top Bottom