Bought a GTR

Soldato
OP
2006 Tuono R 1000 vtwin .. About 140bhp which is down on the latest superbikes but rarely get beat in the 0 to 100 sprint and never by a car until i met the GTR .

Ah OK, was thinking most sports or superbikes would have no problem vs a GTR

Don't really know much about bikes though, other than I would like an MV Agusta just to look at :cool:

Soldato
same bike as the rsvr ... the tuono is still 185kg 140 bhp 100+ torqs and 0-60 in 3.2 or so

Agreed its not as quick as the new Bmw or Ducati but they only come into play really once you get up and over 100 mph

Where i was playing with the GTR i should have had a good advantage and it destroyed me . I have been up against similiar power cars and never had an issue hence why i said i think it had been tuned but unless i try some runs with a bog standard one i wont know for sure

Permabanned
maccapaccalikesthis.jpg

Soldato
IIRC the GT-R can have some pretty huge gains through some tunes and mods. Although the insurance cost must be crippling to begin with, the added cost of the mods and the inflated insurance premium must put most owners off!

Unfortunately the GT-R round here is driven by people involved in drug dealing so has lost a lot of the lustre it once had. But, if you can afford it and the running costs, then i'm pleased for you! Just avoid dodgy areas of town or you might get loads of junkies coming over to you looking for a fix :p

Soldato
OP
You lucky lucky man when does it arrive ?

In the first post, its getting paint protection done on Friday 3rd. Should pick it up in the afternoon or Saturday morning.

I live in North Norfolk and the car is in Bromley but travel to London a lot on the train for work so will travel down, stay with family and drive it home.

Not looking forward to Olympic traffic though :(

Associate
To be fair if you are driving in an area where there are no Olympic lanes it's not that bad, at least no worse than regular London traffic. Just avoid East London, you wouldn't want to be there anyway. :D

Soldato
OP
My car got paint protection film installed today! They had a cancellation and fit me in early.
Still going to London on Friday for meetings, staying over and picking the car up on Saturday!

Can't wait :D

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Warranty won't go bust?

4 launches before you have to drive a mile for the transmission to cool off and then the fun can start again.

Back
Top Bottom