Bought an S2000! Sold the Mountune Fiesta!

OcUK Staff
No engine needs back pressure.

Really?

When I de-catted the 911 it gained serious power and torque beyond 5500rpm, made a total of 392BHP.

But between 2500-4000rpm it lost 40 BHP/Torque and could seriously be felt too, though I could also feel the big gains higher up the rpm band, but in day to day driving I noticed the torque loss more.

As such I put the cats back in to get the low down torque and power back. Also de-catted it was way too loud and would never pass track day drive by noise requirements.

Am interested in your opinion on what caused to low-down torque/power loss if it was not down to loosing back pressure m8?

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
You haven't owned an S2000, they all seize.

Mine were all seized and WIM spent a lot of time to free them.

Really dumb question, I had an alignment done on mine last month and they were able to adjust everything ok.

Would that mean my suspension stuff was alright in that respect?

Soldato
Well I have gone and crashed the car tonight....gutted is not the word. Expect it's a write off I'm afraid to say.

Cold tyres on a wet road? So many people crash S2000's after owning quick FWD hot hatches, It is pretty much the textbook reason behind the crash.

Gutted to hear its gone horribly wrong, it looked like a great car.

Associate
Wow thats real bad luck!! It's what we have insurance for! Hope they give you a decent ammount, get some RWD training skid pan etc before next rwd helps no end.

Soldato
They are the passive rear steering is very different and makes lift off oversteer a big issue

was about to post the same.

It seems to be that those who crash in the first few months follow almost EXACTLY this scenario

Sell Hot hatch
Buy S2000
*rains*
*takes S2000 for drive*
Within 5-10 minutes of leaving the house, approach a roundabout and give it just a little bit too much throttle/carry too much speed.
*car slides*
*Attempt to correct*
*tankslapper*
crashed.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Gutting :(

Only had one iffy moment in mine in 6 months, I guess some people (and by this I am in no way saying this is the OP!) do the above jump in, foot to the floor then whoops.

My moment was the other week when it was icy in the morning, single lane A road turning into a 2 lane DC, changed down to third and put foot down a little too far. Back end of car started to feel a little light shall we say at a speed I'd rather it didn't.

Wish I'd have been in the car next to me I was over taking, after pooping myself and seeing the rear end of a Honda slide over towards me I bet it looked quite funny.

(wanna buy mine off me as a replacement? :) )

Last edited:
Soldato
They are the passive rear steering is very different and makes lift off oversteer a big issue

They only have rear wheel steering in the same way that almost every car does though, through using soft bushings.

Oh and everyone seems to assume he was hooning. The amount of standing water around here is quite incredible today, during my routine driving I've experienced a couple of proper heart stopping aquaplaning moments, this could be a plausible explanation to this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom