• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
2NT3xfv.png
São Paulo
When was the track built?
Building work began on what ended up being called the Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace – but what is more commonly referred to as Interlagos – all the way back in 1938. The track designers took their inspiration from three main circuits: Brooklands in the UK, Roosevelt Raceway in the USA and Montlhery in France.

When was its first Grand Prix?
Buoyed by the success of Brazil’s Emerson Fittipaldi, Formula 1 first jetted into Interlagos for a world championship race in 1973. Fans were treated to a home win in the first three Brazilian Grands Prix, with Fittipaldi victorious in 1973 and 1974, while Carlos Pace won in 1975.

What’s the circuit like?
Like many pre-World War II tracks, Interlagos features banked corners, with the drivers beginning their lap on a sort of half oval – in fact, between 1957 and the track’s return to the F1 calendar in 1990, Interlagos could be run as a giant oval. After wiggling through the Senna S and down to Turn 4, the drivers then go through a snaking in-field section with some challenging camber changes, before slinging back up the hill and through the banked final turn.

TV Times
Sky:
ZU4tedp.png

C4:
Sat - Quali Highlights 11.20pm
Sun - Race Highlights 11pm

Track Diagram & Information
9BXYx8T.png

Weather Forecast
d3XQGOD.png

WDC Standings
0jGj3hM.png

Constructors' Championship Standings
O24KF7n.png

Practice 1
49mx4vw.png

Practice 2
dfJzfHO.png

Qualifying
BkM0EhO.png

Sprint
t5qWqR0.png

Race
YH5cO0V.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks Shimmy :)

I suspect this will be another easy RB/Max win :/

If 2018 and 19 are anything to go by, then yes, the Red Bull has a pace advantage here.

Thanks for the thread @Shimmy. Love back-to-back race weekends, although I'm fully expecting to be disappointed with the result.

P.s. Sprint races suck.

Soldato
Those two about covers it :p

Although I would've expected Stumble Bum to like it here as it should give a few more points to Max...

I really enjoy the sprint races, there is a lot more on the line with so few laps, more elbows out and less chance of strategy playing a part in pit stops etc.

Soldato
more elbows out
I'm not going to bother to look, but haven't most of the sprints been processions because everyone with anything to lose has wanted to keep their positions from quali? The only action has been from someone *cough* Hamilton fluffing a start? :confused: Hardly fair penalising someone so actively just from a standing start, that's what the race is for.

I think it's a silly idea, and as someone posted on here you get more bang for your buck don't you from 3 full practice and quali sessions?

Soldato
I really enjoy the sprint races, there is a lot more on the line with so few laps, more elbows out and less chance of strategy playing a part in pit stops etc.

I think I've said this here before but I didn't expect much from the Silverstone sprint race and I was pleasantly surprised but then I went into Monza expecting to enjoy it and it was kinda dull... So not sure what I'm expecting here, or how I'll feel, but it'll be interesting either way :p

Soldato
With the current crop of cars sprint races are a bit "spitting in the wind" tbh. It might work better next year if we have race cars rather than time trial cars but I won't hold my breath.

Soldato
Blast! I hadn't realised this was a stupid Sprint qualifying weekend, the wife and I are going out for dinner when the actually good qualifying is.
Yeah, yet another reason to dislike that format. Do the bods in charge really think fans are going to give up a Saturday evening as well as a Sunday afternoon/evening? I love F1, and I'm prepared to give up 3-4hrs of my time at the weekend especially during this exciting season. But not 3-4hrs for a race on top of 1hr on a Sat night and that's not even mentioning trying to catch a bit of quali as well.

Caporegime
Apparently, the hold up for the freight planes in Miami means that six teams are still waiting for the cars to arrive, and all teams are waiting for their engines. The overnight curfew has been removed so the crews can work overnight to get the cars ready for FP1/quali tomorrow.

Who thought have three races in three continents on three consecutive weekends was a good idea? And sticking the sprint qualifying in the middle of that just seems capriciously cruel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom