US: Breaking Bad Season 5 Part II - The finale.

Associate
I don't think Jessie killing himself would have been very satisfying and much prefer the way it happened as personally I felt the whole series was as much about Jessie's journey as it is Walts, from the moment he pulled the trigger and killed Gale, he has been on a downward spiral and wanting to get away from the business to rid himself of the bad that has come about from it but has been unable to do so and has been used as a pawn by everyone.

For him to finally get the chance (to use a horrible phrase) to take the power back and make the decision himself was great and to have the strength to do so and be able to go a restart his life (maybe a carpenter as per his daydream vision/ flash forward(?)) and be the good person, that inside he is, was great!

The thing is Jessie has had that chance multiple times. He's had Walt an gunpoint and chosen not to kill him. He's been out of the business but never been able to rebuild anything approaching a life. The whole of season 5 has underlined that there isn't really much left of Jessie anymore. I find the idea that he could go on to lead a happy life very difficult to believe.

Associate
I feel sorry for people that have to nitpick ever single aspect, because I can assure them, if you just let it be what it is, the enjoyment is much much more.

I watched it first at 6am on Monday... Had a little cry, jumped up in frustration, sat and enjoyed the feeling for fifteen minutes afterwards...

Then, I watched it in the evening with a couple of self-professed movie/TV critics. First comment after it had ended? "They could've done more with it."

I'm all for being critical of art and work, but not to the point that it ruins every single interaction you have with it. (FutileBreadMachine I'm not saying this is you)

Man of Honour
After doing Media Studies at A-Level (don't ask :p), I've learnt that if you look into anything enough, you can pull some rubbish contextual meaning out of anything if you really try hard enough, and if you look at every scene and over analyse, you'll never enjoy anything. So now, I find it a lot easier just to watch it and not look into stuff too much and enjoy it for what it is, plot holes and unlikely events aside.

Associate
I watched it first at 6am on Monday... Had a little cry, jumped up in frustration, sat and enjoyed the feeling for fifteen minutes afterwards...

Then, I watched it in the evening with a couple of self-professed movie/TV critics. First comment after it had ended? "They could've done more with it."

I'm all for being critical of art and work, but not to the point that it ruins every single interaction you have with it. (FutileBreadMachine I'm not saying this is you)

It's just an attempt to appear smarter and more informed than everyone else, it's just sad.

(again not referring to anyone in here particularly)

Caporegime

I enjoyed the finale episode, but thought it was predictable to be honest, I mean, the only surprise was how a couple of the things were done (for example, the machine gun) but on the whole I enjoyed the episode and thought it was well done.

It's just an attempt to appear smarter and more informed than everyone else, it's just sad.

(again not referring to anyone in here particularly)

I'm studying Film & English and think I've got a pretty good knowledge of both film and television, I don't think being overly critical or making constructive criticism, or even just saying a comment along the lines of 'they could have done more with it' (which I partly agree with) is any attempt to appear smarter and more informed and nor does it ruin anything.

Sometimes, studying in depth a favourite film or show, does slightly ruin the enjoyment, but not when you love film and television.

Caporegime
Perfect, absolutely perfect. I could go on and describe each bit in detail but there's no need, you've all seen it.

Just ... perfect.

Thanks Vince.

This. I wouldn't be able to pick out anything I disliked about it. The perfect ending for the greatest TV show of all time.

One

One

Soldato
A very fitting episode, some things I think were good...

Walt in the snow covered car I think summed up ask the luck he has had throughout the show (think of being trapped in the Winnebago when hank came knocking and so many more examples)

Then there is his ability to create plans and use objects we mere mortals could only dream of...the laser pointers and the m60.

I had more but can't remember anymore.

Things I would have liked is to see the fallout of him dying, in the news etc but when I think about it having the more open ended final we had it gives the wires les chance to write something pretentious.

Brilliant show, will be sorely missed! Well done Amc, Vince, and the real drug dealers to create the reality which makes this show feasible.

Man of Honour

It gets more hard hitting the more you watch it. The way he turns at 0:26 as he's so weak, man, right in the feels mane. It's crazy to care and feel sorry for a guy who isn't even real :D

It's just perfectly shot, soundtrack is perfect. Damn... :(

Last edited:
Soldato
My question is that what would he have done if he didn't get shot from the M60?

Most likely shot himself I would think.

He seemed to make it clear to Skyler that he was going into a situation that he wasn't coming out of and it was a final goodbye.

There is never really any mention of whether he was concerned about going to jail, but at the end of the day we know he would have died there fairly soon anyway if he had.

If he had gotten away he could have gone back to hiding, but we already know how much he hated that so wasn't likely to be an option. He literally had nothing left to live for anymore, his family can't be in his life, he has no friends left and he can't really even make a new life socially anywhere. Death was his best option.

Back
Top Bottom