Brexit thread - what happens next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
2 million entitled others don't understand what a democracy is.

They don't need to be educated on it either, they can quite royaly do one.

I'd very much like to know the demographic of that petition.

Should they be that keen on it they can take a trip north of the border.

Soldato
Something that actually matters would be nice. Our governments for the past god knows how long may as well have been unelected, with the amount of false promises and lies they tell.

why you think that does not matter? is it possible to vote out a man or woman out of the EU if you have would like to?

Suspended
Unelected people are intrinsically involved in the governing of this state and will continue to do whilever the country exists in its current form. Why does the location of their desk make any difference to you?

His argument isn't the strongest TBH, but it's worrying that you can't see the distinction he is trying to make.

Politicians in the UK don't have to take the views of 27 other countries into account when making decisions, they can (theoretically) do what is best for the UK.

Soldato
So.... As title says... Life will go on!!

Seriously, get a grip people, it's the best thing ever for this country. Yes, Scotland will vote to leave, and I'm very sure a decade after that vote , they'll regret it, if not before!

Staggering how all of a sudden the EU is all ears.

About to turn 44 next week and us leaving the EU is one of the best things that has happened in my life to date, period!

That is a knee jerk reaction. You would have to wait 20 - 30 years to evaluate your decision as to whether it was wise or not.

Soldato
No clear plans have been outlined because both campaigns descended into headline grabbing idiocy. People weren't able to keep calm and every debate became a heated argument full of quirky catchphrases (independence day, etc).

The dust has barely started to settle, hopefully when it does some sort of plan will be put forward, addressing the main points with regards to our withdrawal from the EU.

At present we have a country completely divided and if it continues everything will get much worse.

To be fair the remain campaign didn't have a plan as it was business as usual.

Hope you're right on the second part.

Caporegime
I have to say I genuinely cant understand how a referendum can be tabled with a 50% + 1 person as the post for winning. Its quite obvious (with foresight - this isnt hard) that whatever question is serious enough to require/request a democratic vote from the electorate that such a win:lose setup is going to cause upset when its a slight majority win.

Now naively I never really thought this referendum was going to be that tight and Im sure many others will pipe up to say the same, but whether on win or lose side it feels like one is subjugating the other for want of a better word.

While democracy has surely won, its terms are a very bitter pill to swallow

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Holy crap, Corbyn is going full war.

Seems both Labour and Tories are going to go into full meltdown. Ordinarily this might be entertaining, but right now we need strong leadership.

By the way, has George Osborne been spotted yet? Apparently he's not been spotted in public since the result. Perhaps we need a Finding George mission.

Man of Honour
To be fair the remain campaign didn't have a plan as it was business as usual.

Hope you're right on the second part.

True, but they could have done a far better job of explaining the importance of the EU, and done more to appease people who had a problem with it.

All they did was stand there attempting to shout down the Leave campaign and call them liars, without providing many counter arguments. It was frustrating to watch.

Soldato
Well Cameron gave his notice which in effect has left the whole UK in limbo for the next 3 months. Its in itself a destructive act designed to damage the UK, a punishment. Boris and co can do nothing until the leadership issue within the tory party are sorted. If Cameron was acting in the interest of the UK it would be a general election in 3 months time, not the tory party conference.

The Brexiters have nothing to lose they were never in control, but they have peed in a big bowl of cheerios. :D

The UK would be pretty much in limbo from now to October anyway. Parliament will only sit for a little over 4 weeks between now and then.

Soldato
Still waiting for a list of the positives out of this vote. I haven't seen any from anyone yet. What's the good news from this? I can only see the bad, let's have something upbeat that I can cling to :)

If you are one of the 1% you will be OK, if you are one of the rest of us there is nothing good and as usual we will bear the brunt of the problem.

Soldato
Seems both Labour and Tories are going to go into full meltdown. Ordinarily this might be entertaining, but right now we need strong leadership.

By the way, has George Osborne been spotted yet? Apparently he's not been spotted in public since the result. Perhaps we need a Finding George mission.

I genuinely think he's on a beech somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom