British Grand Prix 2013, Silverstone - Race 8/19

My take away from that race.. Mercs can two stop on a hot track, overtaking Lotus (who are supposedly good on tyres . . with some help from safety cars)..

Too early to hope, but I think RB might just have a challenger..

So for those who bang on about points proving who is better. Hamilton out qualified Rosberg by a huge margin, was outdriving him, out raced him, did more/better passing in more traffic.... but got demolished by points. Points doesn't prove ANYTHING about how well a driver has done in a particular race nor season.

As much as I like Rosberg, I feel worse for Hamilton than I feel good for Rosberg, Simple fact is if Pirelli weren't utterly incompetant Hamilton would almost certainly have won today and had more points at the other race he got the utterly absurd penalty for having to change parts due to a tyre destroying his car.... utterly absurd.

My wife wanted to do something with a jet wash, so the fact I was watching the last 6 laps was irrelevant so I missed it.

WIMINNNNNN

So for those who bang on about points proving who is better. Hamilton out qualified Rosberg by a huge margin, was outdriving him, out raced him, did more/better passing in more traffic.... but got demolished by points. Points doesn't prove ANYTHING about how well a driver has done in a particular race nor season.

As much as I like Rosberg, I feel worse for Hamilton than I feel good for Rosberg, Simple fact is if Pirelli weren't utterly incompetant Hamilton would almost certainly have won today and had more points at the other race he got the utterly absurd penalty for having to change parts due to a tyre destroying his car.... utterly absurd.

What !?

So, the tyres. On the downside - they robbed us from seeing Hamilton win at home. On the plus side - they stopped us seeing Vettel win.

:)

*derp*
Not sure why I added the mention of the tyres at the start there. Typed without thinking. Was meant to put car failures or something. No point editing it now since I've been quoted millions of times :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom