British Grand Prix 2013, Silverstone - Race 8/19

Soldato
I heard on the news that for the first time in years they will be selling tickets on the gate as they haven't sold out well in advance.

Is that indicative of peoples feelings towards the current state of play with F1?

Personally I am not a fan of this current tyre situation, where it seems about conservation from lap 1, but as a general spectacle it is currently more exciting than some previous years processions.

Last edited:
Soldato
I read yesterday that it's still expected to be the third largest crowd at Silverstone, so I wouldn't read too much into them not selling out.

Rather than a reflection of the current state of F1 I think it's more to do with the lack of a chance of a British winner - Hamilton might have been talking his chances up, but it still takes specific circumstances for Mercedes to be able to challenge for the win, and even when the tyres played into their hands in Montreal they were unable to capitalise... and then there's McLaren...

Soldato
1372401742.jpg

:(

It will be a case of see what it's doing when you're there I think. Forecasts are varying wildly, from light rain to no rain in the morning, to heavy rain to a bit of drizzle in the afternoon.

I'm certainly hoping that at least 1 session (probably morning) is mostly dry.

Permabanned
Webber to quit F1.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/23074108

Red Bull driver Mark Webber has decided to leave F1 at the end of this season.
The 36-year-old Australian is joining German company Porsche's new sportscar programme, which includes an assault on the classic Le Mans 24 Hours.

Webber had options to stay in F1, either with Red Bull or another top team, but feels it is time to move on in his career.

Lotus's Kimi Raikkonen is favourite to replace him, with Toro Rosso's Daniel Ricciardo or Jean-Eric Vergne options.

Webber described it as an "honour" to race for Porsche, adding: "Porsche has written racing history as a manufacturer and stands for outstanding performance and technology at the highest level.

"I'm very much looking forward to this new challenge after my time in Formula 1. I can hardly wait to pilot one of the fastest sports cars in the world."

Soldato
Hmmm, not sure how having Kimi and Seb in the same team is going to fly?

PDR has been told by FI that he is allowed to move to another team if he wants, so I see him going to McLaren. Perez will stay at McLaren as they will be bringing in the Mexico Telecoms giant (Telmex) for sponsorship next year, so that leaves button as a floater. My guess is that he is a "Number 2" driver now, and the RBR would probably suit him very well as it is a stable car that smooth drivers will get on well with, so Button to take his seat?

lol, probably won't happen like that though.

Permabanned
If RBR want someone to drive to a target then Di Resta is your man. However, being as dull as dishwater he doesn't really fit in with Red Bull in my opinion.

Man of Honour
OP
Staying in MK tonight then heading up tomorrow to the circuit. It's raining a fair bit at the moment, but BBC weather suggests light showers in the morning and should be dry in the afternoon.

Man of Honour
Also, is it just me that really doesn't like this Silverstone layout compared with past versions? Give me the '91 to '93 circuit any day.

When I first started spectating there it looked like this.

Silverstone_1975_zps4869e878.jpg

I also drove it a few times in that layout.

Actually, not that layout, it had the left right thingy where the chicane was.

Back
Top Bottom