Poll: British Grand Prix 2018, Silverstone - Race 10/21

Rate the 2018 British Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
It does feel like the ferrari engine is better.
But it's so hard to tell.
All the Ferrari customer teams are top half of pretty much every timesheet, whereas Mercedes are all bottom half. The Merc engine seems much less drivable this year.

Although some of those Merc teams have far bigger issues than engine power or drivability *cough* Williams *cough*

Associate
I don't really want a driver in a ferrari I quite like! On the other hand, he could well beat vettel!

I predict Leclerc will finish 2019 ahead of Vettel on points who will then retire at the end of the season, unless he somehow moves to Mercedes but can't see that working with Hamilton.

Soldato
All the Ferrari customer teams are top half of pretty much every timesheet, whereas Mercedes are all bottom half. The Merc engine seems much less drivable this year.

Although some of those Merc teams have far bigger issues than engine power or drivability *cough* Williams *cough*

Think the fact haas have quite a bit of cash and such a tie in with ferrari definitely helps and sauber seems to be excelling now they've got some extra cash coming in.

Caporegime

Can't imagine how bad that Williams car is. Imagine where it would be with a Renault or Honda unit!

Oh,, wait.. The same place!

Soldato
It does feel like the ferrari engine is better.
But it's so hard to tell.
But haas and leclerc (forget Ericsson lol) are all doing very well
I feel, without real reason, that the Ferrari is better at the top end, but the Mercedes has more torque, which might be why Mercedes seem to scrub speed less in quick corners. It's something Red Bull have talked about - Red Bull aren't slow on the straight (they're often in the top 10), but they're slow getting up to speed and keeping speed in flat-out but demanding corners.

Soldato
Can't imagine how bad that Williams car is. Imagine where it would be with a Renault or Honda unit!

Oh,, wait.. The same place!

There's some conjecture that the aero at the back is all wonky. As soon as the car turns into a corner, it loses downforce (and thus grip) at the rear. This pretty much makes the back try to spin out hard as we saw on yesterday's qualifying.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

There's some conjecture that the aero at the back is all wonky. As soon as the car turns into a corner, it loses downforce (and thus grip) at the rear. This pretty much makes the back try to spin out hard as we saw on yesterday's qualifying.
They’ve admitted that the problem is the rear wing which is causing issues after the drivers use DRS. I.e the airflow is reattaching properly which is stalling the wing

Soldato
A lot of countries only start their coverage just before the race starts. By moving the start time to 10 past it means that they can start on the hour making things easier.

Back
Top Bottom