Poll: British Grand Prix 2019, Silverstone - Race 10/21

Rate the 2019 British Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
I can see vettel taking a year out at the end of this season then coming back for red bull in 2021. Think Lewis will move to Ferrari and max go to merc.

No, I think he'll retire.. He has talked about it in the past and he has been down, or not his usual self, for a while now.

I think he will retire and Danny Ric' will take his place in the Ferrari!

Caporegime
I think he will come out and retire but think red bull will tempt him back saying they can win 2021 title.

Two problems with that, he'll still be Vettel and will still make the same mistakes, he's simply not good enough in wheel to wheel racing. Red bull might actually not have another good or better option for 2021 as if Max leaves for Merc or Ferrari then while I like Kvyat and Albon, between them and Gasly I don't see any as genuinely that good nor do I think RBR will end up with a completely dominant car.

Personally I think it's between two real choices, retire end of this season and then it's his choice to call it time, if he waits till 2021 his Ferrari contract won't be extended, Merc won't be interested, RBR probably won't be interested and everything else will seem like a major step down. So he simply might be out of anything but what would seem like a kind of embarrassing step down, hence he might retire end of this season because being his choice it won't look as bad as running out of choices.

Associate
scored it a 6 before I watched it to see what it scored to know whither to watch the whole thing I recorded or skip to highlights. would change it to a 8 mainly for the first half.

lewis lucky as ushall
seb useless as ushall
Leclerc and max awesome as ushall

Soldato
Anyone wanting a bit more motorsport action got a choice of Indycar on SSF1 or the Formula E finale on Eurosport/BT Sport or BBC!

I'd go with the Formula E, yesterdays race was mental!

Associate
Two problems with that, he'll still be Vettel and will still make the same mistakes, he's simply not good enough in wheel to wheel racing. Red bull might actually not have another good or better option for 2021 as if Max leaves for Merc or Ferrari then while I like Kvyat and Albon, between them and Gasly I don't see any as genuinely that good nor do I think RBR will end up with a completely dominant car.

Personally I think it's between two real choices, retire end of this season and then it's his choice to call it time, if he waits till 2021 his Ferrari contract won't be extended, Merc won't be interested, RBR probably won't be interested and everything else will seem like a major step down. So he simply might be out of anything but what would seem like a kind of embarrassing step down, hence he might retire end of this season because being his choice it won't look as bad as running out of choices.
Like I say if max goes which I can see him doing the next best for red bull is vettel. I don’t think he is but red bull see a 4 time champ and good for branding than say Albon and Gasly.

Soldato
A strong 8/10 for me. Leclerc and Verstappen were fantastic. Hamilton probably was too, but we take it for granted these days.

Fair play to Vettel for being honest about his error. I wonder if giving up on the WDC has taken the edge off his racing that means mistakes are now even more likely. Next season will be a pivotal one for him. Decent showing for the McLaren drivers again - shame for Norris towards the end.

The main thing I took from the race is just how good that Red Bull chassis and aero must be.

Soldato
I too really enjoyed watching Max and Charles. I was disappointed by Lando Norris but thought George Russell did well, all things considered.

It's time for Kubica to bow out. Let Williams earn some money by giving one of the young turks of the big teams a ride.

Soldato
I too really enjoyed watching Max and Charles. I was disappointed by Lando Norris but thought George Russell did well, all things considered.

It's time for Kubica to bow out. Let Williams earn some money by giving one of the young turks of the big teams a ride.
I think you'll find Kubica brings a lot of money to Williams.
Andi.

Soldato
Well I really enjoyed the race (my first GP for those who didn't see my earlier post), I thought there was an amazing atmosphere and a really exciting race. I was getting really into it.

I was in Luffield about half way along. We had booked seats in the GS not GA (someone asked that before). It was very well organised with 50 million loos and food stalls. Leaving the campsite took about 1h 40 but there were guys directing traffic - it was managed the whole way. our group of campsites were directed south down Dadford Road so didn't see how the a43 and traffic management was like.

Caporegime

Lando was on the worse strategy, softs then the stop, then they didn't stop him during the safety car. He was not far behind Ricciardo and had he pitted then he would have likely finished close behind Ricciardo. Mclaren not pulling him in under the safety car was crazy and ruined his race. He didn't really show any pace at the end but it's probably quite likely they all but gave up on the points a saved engine mode rather than push hard.

He had a good start, compared to his so far this season they've improved a lot in the last few races. Good pace over the first stint, probably got stopped earlier than he needed to on the softs, they got undercut by Ricciardo already so may as well have stayed out longer but came in , got undercut and it didn't work out.

Soldato
Well I voted 9, maybe a little bit generous, as I think I'm weighing it against the rest of this seasons races, however I really enjoyed watching it. I think we were robbed of what was inevitably going to be a good battle between Ham and Bot due to safety car, but Lewis' pace was just unbeatable today proven by his last lap on those janky old tyres.

Max and Charles were great, the racecraft those two showed today was brilliant, Max has come on a lot of the last two years, yeah hes still cocky little brat but hes matured and is showing the talent to back it up. Charles is a class act, fast, precise, drives wiser than his experience should allow.

Yeah Merc were in a class of their own today but its good to see, that RB Honda are coming of age and fighting Ferrari and hopefully even merc at some rounds with genuine pace.

Theres not a lot more to be said about Vettel, he's stealing a seat and a wage, Charles has proven himself to be a worthy successor, time to get some more new talent in.

Back
Top Bottom