Poll: British Grand Prix 2021, Silverstone - Race 10/23

Rate the 2021 British Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Capodecina
Soldato
Alpha Tauri? Seriously though, there are rules about someone without any engine supplier being able to force the supplier with least teams to supply I think (it came up when RedBull n Renault fell out)
I think that the significant point here is the comment about "the integration of chassis and power-unit made a good improvement"; Red Bull may be forced to supply a version of "their" engine to other teams (even including Alpha Tauri) but I doubt that they will also supply Adrian Newey's chassis design ;)

Transmission breaker
Don
http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/785944 Now I have really had enough... if any revised penalty comes from this rubbish I will be done with F1 as a fan... its farcical

RBR should be fined for wasting everyone's time and Horner should be gagged at race weekends

Curveball - FIA to add retrospective penalty to RB for forcing to bring this up, after reviewing the situation to see that Max turned in :D

Associate
Curveball - FIA to add retrospective penalty to RB for forcing to bring this up, after reviewing the situation to see that Max turned in :D

I'd love to see that.. but I suspect the other way.... RBR will threaten to leave F1 (again, they do it every few months) if they don't get a bigger penalty for LH. If I was possible I'd love to see stewards invent an extra 3s penalty... just to send message to RBR to "suck their balls" (quoting Magnussen)

Soldato
http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/785944 Now I have really had enough... if any revised penalty comes from this rubbish I will be done with F1 as a fan... its farcical

RBR should be fined for wasting everyone's time and Horner should be gagged at race weekends

Seems ridiculous, would certainly change things for the sport forever if a further penalty was added, there'll be appeals all over the show. Thing is won't the driver steward be different this weekend so could be subject to another difference in opinion?

Soldato
It would be hilarious and I feel somewhat deserved given how much Horner has whinged about it. Though it would make watching the rest of the season unbearable as you know Horner would bring it constantly.

Caporegime

How pathetic. RBR just continue to dig themselves a hole with this.

Presumably the only thing they could do is change it to dangerous driving for a 30 second stop/go. However that would be absurd. Definitely not worth watching F1 again if what Lewis did was considered "dangerous driving" lol.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
If Hamilton went into that corner faster than he had all weekend, what about Verstappen then?

Would he have made the corner given that Hamilton slowed down more than he did?

Soldato
If Hamilton went into that corner faster than he had all weekend, what about Verstappen then?

Good question.

Let's hope they get laughed at because if they win then that's F1 finished, every contact will be analysed using computers etc and teams will be after retrospective punishments.

Associate
This will be setting a dangerous precedent if it goes RBR's way. Pretty much every incident will be reviewed when teams dont agree post race. Waste of time for everyone involved.

Associate

And so what if Lewis did go faster (he had a tow of course) in the corner... just cos he went slower all other times doesnt prove he'd NOT have made the corner.. (he made it every other time without going off track so do RBR have proof the extra 2 mph or whatever would have guaranteed he'd have gone off track). RBR need to just leave it alone now

Associate
And so what if Lewis did go faster (he had a tow of course) in the corner... just cos he went slower all other times doesnt prove he'd NOT have made the corner.. (he made it every other time without going off track so do RBR have proof the extra 2 mph or whatever would have guaranteed he'd have gone off track). RBR need to just leave it alone now
Additionally, even if a driver is carrying extra speed or braking late, the idea is that they are always pushing to the limits. And sometimes they will misjudge it etc much like how they go off the track getting that extra bit from the car. That is racing (otherwise we might as well have autonomous cars going around in laps, at same speeds and see if any overtake :D), RBR just dont seem accepting of that.

Soldato
Additionally, even if a driver is carrying extra speed or braking late, the idea is that they are always pushing to the limits. And sometimes they will misjudge it etc much like how they go off the track getting that extra bit from the car. That is racing (otherwise we might as well have autonomous cars going around in laps, at same speeds and see if any overtake :D), RBR just dont seem accepting of that.

I honestly don't think they expect the penalty to be upped, but they will be pushing for a free pass on engine change etc and it also upsets Mercs prep if they have a potential penalty increase hanging over their heads.

They aren't making any new fans that's for sure but I doubt they really care about that.

Back
Top Bottom