Poll: British Grand Prix 2022, Silverstone - Race 10

Rate the 2022 British Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Heading up tomorrow morning for the weekend, so pleased that the weather is better than last year. Walking around for 3 days in 30-32 degree heat with very little shade was absolutely brutal. Especially being in the Hamilton North stand with no cover. Booked Abbey for this year for the cover, which might be needed anyway with some rain due.
That has to be one of the worst heats I've ever felt in the UK - I'm a ginger-at-heart Scottish guy so I was not having fun in it! We sit at Farm and would have happily killed for a bit of shelter. We drove down in campervans and stayed at Woodlands, not ideal that the guy never showed us how to work the AC.

Bit gutted to be missing it this year but the date change doesn't suit my partner with her being a teacher, fairly certain she'd kill me if I went down without her! :D

That has to be one of the worst heats I've ever felt in the UK - I'm a ginger-at-heart Scottish guy so I was not having fun in it! We sit at Farm and would have happily killed for a bit of shelter. We drove down in campervans and stayed at Woodlands, not ideal that the guy never showed us how to work the AC.

Bit gutted to be missing it this year but the date change doesn't suit my partner with her being a teacher, fairly certain she'd kill me if I went down without her! :D

Yeah it was properly grim, especially on the Sunday. We missed a few of the earlier races/shows because sitting in unsheltered stands between 11-3 was awful. So we just chose to skip it. Thankfully the race was later and we were in the shade by then because of the hotel.

The date change is massively annoying as they can't do the usual accommodation where they use the student halls of residence. Was so easy doing that. Having to drive each day this year as I didn't fancy booking camping, again, in case the heat was too much

I'm expecting the Mercs to be in a league of their own this weekend. And by that I mean about half a second behind Red Bull and Ferrari, but comfortably ahead of the midfield pack.

I think we'll be seeing a Ferrari / Leclerc come back this weekend. Maybe even a good week for Carlos. No doubt, the biggest drama will be any time Lewis and Max are within lunging distance of each other again. So, the opening laps and during the pit stops.

I'm going to be there IRL as well, looking forward to it! In the new "Stirling" stand which I expect to be like a plastic deck chair but let's see

Has anyone on here gone to silverstone this weekend?

Would you be able to have a look for the topps turbo attax stand. There are 3 cards exclusive to this silverstone weekend:

Limited edition ricciardo and schumacher and a giant hamilton card.

If they are a free pick up Would someone be able to pick them and post them to me I will send cash over for postage.

I don't get the dismissal of the Mercedes. It's a smooth track, and that car isn't always as horrendous as people make out. Spain was some serious race pace.
Maybe it's just to play it down, so when they do eventually win everyone can say how amazing they are? :D

I'm hoping Ferrari get their act together and have a weekend without laughable misery. Also hoping another solid run for Zhou.

Without the issues, and people messing up they were 3rd best in Spain, just like they have been all season!

Without some luck, or a significantly improved car they're not going to win.

I personally enjoy the lack of Mercedes on the top, I don't foresee it lasting much more than a few weeks.

Personally I don't see Merc ever being back on top this season, the car is fundamentally broken, as one o the drivers said last race it can't be sorted with "setup changes".
Its pretty clear they still don't fully understand what's wrong with it (or how to fix it) - 5th/6th unless something happens to Red Bull / Ferrari (and in fairness well clear of whoever is the 4th team at the moment) but that's about it.

Who know's though, I just hope some weather spices it up, I don't think I remember an exciting dry British GP in recent years

Back
Top Bottom