British Superyacht sinks off Siciliy

So at first you're unhappy because a perceived bias of reporting on the basis of affluence, now you've moved the goal posts to the fact you're unhappy with speculation. The speculation part really depends on which news source you're using, I tend to find the BBC don't report on something unless they've executed due diligence. For example, they've not reported on the identify of the bodies until recently when a close family friend has confirmed one of the bodies is Mr Lynch.

The "media bias" towards those who are well known to the public doesn't just apply to disaster reporting either. You'll hear about x, y and z celebrity/public figure/royal marriage and divorce but for obvious reasons, you won't hear about the Smiths from Morecambe getting married and having their reception down the local working men's club.

Last edited:
I expect news, not 24/7 speculation

Like what the **** is this obvious nonsense

Z4BpEaV.png

:cry:
Need a time machine and go back about 40 years then.

So at first you're unhappy because a perceived bias of reporting on the basis of affluence
I never said I wanted 24/7 coverage for poor people though, I'd rather 24/7 coverage is left for actual things of importance, like wars or disasters like a Tsunami where things are constantly changing, not some folk stuck in a boat, it only needs a update when they've been rescued or recovered, 24/7 coverage is just pointless for something like that

And it was a reply about empathy or a lack of it, nobody really cares if rich or poor have perished, not unless it's something that hits close to home and millionaires drowning in oppulence both figuratively and literally does not hit home to most so why should people feel empathy ? Obviously wishing death on the rich is going a bit far though

You can feel empathy for those who you don't know, without necessarily feeling sad or upset. I have sympathy for someone who's last few minutes of this earth was finding themselves trapped in their cabin, realising they couldn't escape, or help their daughter and that the situation they found themselves in was going to be the last they experienced in their life.

The number of 0's on their bank statement doesn't make that experience any less dreadful.

Reactions: gEd
The builders of the boat were pretty scathing on Sky News and they also spoke to fisherman in the harbour and they were saying they couldn't understand why they didn't come into port given the weather forecast.

never said I wanted 24/7 coverage for poor people though, I'd rather 24/7 coverage is left for actual things of importance, like wars or disasters like a Tsunami where things are constantly changing, not some folk stuck in a boat, it only needs a update when they've been rescued or recovered, 24/7 coverage is just pointless for something like that
That's a different discussion though. I agree news coverage is speculative. They're all in it for clicks so I guess people like it...

there was a lot of coverage on the cruise ship that had a rough voyage last year .. if you remember the pictures of the ball room, looked like titanic deck
(room 101) if I was inclined to want to be locked up with 1000's of unwashed on some kind of food/entertainment fest that would have put me off

several glitzy programs on tv over last weeks on this new biggest cruise ship compares 'icon of the seas'
would be similarly interesting to know about it's stability
interesting dependency
Moving into day-to-day operations, NAPA Stability constantly monitors a number of variables that may affect a vessel’s stability, with data shared with shoreside teams in real time through the cloud-based NAPA Fleet Intelligence platform. As a result, risk levels can be assessed constantly by crew and shoreside teams alike, creating a more proactive approach where potential issues can be flagged and addressed before they ever become a serious problem.
Ultimately, operational data collected on board can be fed back to the shipyard to help improve the next generation of vessels for Royal Caribbean

The builders of the boat were pretty scathing on Sky News and they also spoke to fisherman in the harbour and they were saying they couldn't understand why they didn't come into port given the weather forecast.
Well when you're as wealthy as he was the rules of nature are clearly just a minor inconvenience and anyone who disagrees gets fired.

I also don't care about such events like this. I've only actually opened one article on this. I'd suspect most people are the same.
But these type of events do grab the headlines every now and again.

after watching his doors left open video discussing one up manship on having yacht with biggest mast (irrespective of optimal stability) , seemed relevant

It's a real tragedy what's happened to them but the odds are unbelievable. His co-defendant is killed by a car accident / hitting him (can't find details if this was a drunk driver or what yet) and now he (and 5 others) are killed in a freak weather accident causing a ship to sink where things were ignored or missed by the crew.

All this after just proving their innocence in court. Sad :(

Last edited:
temporary air pocket in yacht it seems https: //youtu.be/QjRqSnlZv6g

------

Not sure if they are saying his compatriots death is not leading to a prosecution
although if coroner investigation is only now being instituted, can that have been determined
I mean you don't go driving blindly over a hump back bridge outside your limit point

Miss Jones said a vehicle travelling between Stretham and Wicken "crested a humpback bridge" and was "presented with a runner crossing the road" between two parts of a bridleway.

Cambridgeshire Police said there is no evidence that Mr Chamberlain’s death was "suspicious or untoward".

perhaps the wording is just insensitive.

Back
Top Bottom