British Superyacht sinks off Siciliy

Italian news reporting the opposite:

The four bodies recovered today are those of Jonathan Bloomer, the president of Morgan Stanley International, his wife Anne Elizabeth, lawyer Chris Morvillo and his wife Nada. The appeal would therefore be missing from the British entrepreneur and yacht owner Mike Lynch and his 18-year-old daughter Hanna.

What a very sad turn of events, wrong place wrong time.

Last edited:
Apparently the trip was to celebrate the end of the decade+ battle over the accusation of fraud? Talk about seriously bad luck.

I don't understand the viewpoint of some posters that we shouldn't feel empathy towards these people because they were rich. If you were to win it big on the euro millions one day, would you want others to completely discount you as a human being purely because you were a millionaire?

It'll be interesting to understand the cause of the sinking considering the conflicting information out there such as the mast breaking Vs the wreckage being intact.

I don't understand the viewpoint of some posters that we shouldn't feel empathy towards these people because they were rich.
Isn't it more a lack of empathy or interest when poor people die in horrible circumstances, they don't get much news attention because they're poor beyond a single article, while millionaires seemingly get days of news dedicated to them

Isn't it more a lack of empathy or interest when poor people die in horrible circumstances, they don't get much news attention because they're poor beyond a single article, while millionaires seemingly get days of news dedicated to them

I'm confident people less affluent people dying due to a sinking vessel does make the news. I read about migrants dying in the channel pretty much on a weekly basis. The Costa Concordia was also widely covered and I would consider a passage on a cruise ship to be within reach of your typical average person.

Plus there is a now deleted post where the person pretty much said they couldn't wait for the next billionaire to die in their trip to space, and they wouldn't feel an ounce of sympathy.

So we didn't just have weeks on end of some random nobody missing in Tenerife all over the news?

So we didn't just have weeks on end of some random nobody missing in Tenerife all over the news?
No, not like them with their special live 24/7 coverage

rr7Z7DG.png

Even after recovering the bodies it's still "live" reporting what is there to report lol

Supposed official statement from the Italian authorities is that it's only Hannah Lynch who is yet to be found.

No, not like them with their special live 24/7 coverage
Many outlets were reporting on it live for a long time.

Even after recovering the bodies it's still "live" reporting what is there to report lol
One body still to find.

Other stories of random people get massive coverage as well, Nicola Bulley etc. Its how intriguing the story is and the mystery, the conspiracy angle etc which determines how much traction and air time a story gets. This 'only rich people' get massive coverage is nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom