British woman says her Spanish holiday was ruined by too many Spanish people

Soldato
I don't understand how things like this even make it on the news. Why give her the time?
Probably so like some people in this thread and one of the twitter comments they can try to imply this is what all the people who voted leave are like.

Edit:

Lmao see below
|
|
|
\/

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
The problem with this is that if they start holidaying elsewhere the old dear will just be complaining that Bognor Regis is now full of filthy paella chompers. When she says "why can't they go on holiday somewhere else" what she means is "why can't all of these people stop being not British", though I suspect if she really thought about it that sentiment wouldn't extend to anybody beyond "Nutmeg Glow" on the Dulux colour chart.

This is what all the people who voted leave are like.

Caporegime
People are too skeptical about Brexit tbh... there will still be plenty of opportunity for chavs to leave their council estate in this country and head to this big council estate that happens to be by a beach in Spain:

ezsCSBv.jpg

This story is really an excuse for a bunch of the usual moaners to poke fun at a chav in an attempt to carry on venting after having lost the vote. The Spanish have enough issues with youth unemployment etc.. as it is, they're not going to want to stop the flow of Brits, even the economically challenged ones who fly over there then want British style pubs, British fish and chips and don't want to mix with the locals.

Soldato
People are too skeptical about Brexit tbh... there will still be plenty of opportunity for chavs to leave their council estate in this country and head to this big council estate that happens to be by a beach in Spain:

This story is really an excuse for a bunch of the usual moaners to poke fun at a chav in an attempt to carry on venting after having lost the vote. The Spanish have enough issues with youth unemployment etc.. as it is, they're not going to want to stop the flow of Brits, even the economically challenged ones who fly over there then want British style pubs, British fish and chips and don't want to mix with the locals.

The Spanish couldn't care less if Brit's stop going there. There are plenty of people in mainland Europe who happily visit Spain every year, feed them tourism and whose countries population are bigger than the UK, Russia being one of them.

Caporegime
The Spanish couldn't care less if Brit's stop going there. There are plenty of people in mainland Europe who happily visit Spain every year, feed them tourism and whose countries population are bigger than the UK, Russia being one of them.

utterly clueless

It isn't the population of the country that is important here but the numbers of that population who actually visit...

UK: 18,779,466
Russia: 1,145,848

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_Spain#Arrivals_by_country

UK visitors are second only to France, a country that shares a land border with Spain, that would be rather big blow to tourism.

Spain is still going to want UK tourism after Independence Day next year.

Caporegime
Judging by your exemplary grasp of written English, I’m gonna say you’re Scandinavian. Close?

Correct*

*Some or all elements of this statement may be factually incorrect or complete nonsense.

(I'm a saffer, I thought you knew this, I tend to harp on about it a fair amount, unless there's a lot of whoosh going on here)

Caporegime
What makes it a council estate? all the apartment buildings/blocks of flatts?
a lot of european countries are like that but they are usually not poor areas and people with money choose to live in them.

almost the complete opposite to Englands flats/maisonettes that are usually poor quality for poor people

Soldato
a lot of european countries are like that but they are usually not poor areas and people with money choose to live in them.

almost the complete opposite to Englands flats/maisonettes that are usually poor quality for poor people
Idk, a lot of old council houses were built very well.

Caporegime

I think in this case they're mostly used for accommodation for people who left similar tall concrete buildings in the UK a few hours earlier.

Looks like a really classy place to me:

SczDNII.jpg

X24lS5K.jpg

Z9h6ZNp.jpg

h40IG2q.jpg

Caporegime
Idk, a lot of old council houses were built very well.

That is true too, they're a bit dull to look at and you can end up being unlucky with a smack head neighbour (as happened to a friend of mine) but the room dimensions are generally a lot better than the stuff developers get away with these days and I don't think there are necessarily more issues with regards to the building work than say a regular development.

Back
Top Bottom