British woman says her Spanish holiday was ruined by too many Spanish people

Caporegime
I think in this case they're mostly used for accommodation for people who left similar tall concrete buildings in the UK a few hours earlier.

Looks like a really classy place to me:
okay looks a lot more grim than newcastle. lol @ geordie pride shop

Soldato
People are too skeptical about Brexit tbh... there will still be plenty of opportunity for chavs to leave their council estate in this country and head to this big council estate that happens to be by a beach in Spain:

This story is really an excuse for a bunch of the usual moaners to poke fun at a chav in an attempt to carry on venting after having lost the vote. The Spanish have enough issues with youth unemployment etc.. as it is, they're not going to want to stop the flow of Brits, even the economically challenged ones who fly over there then want British style pubs, British fish and chips and don't want to mix with the locals.

Still trying to claim that carrying on with Brexit is a good idea?

Soldato
This story is really an excuse for a bunch of the usual moaners to poke fun at a chav in an attempt to carry on venting after having lost the vote.

Even if that were true, which it isn't since people have been poking fun at chavs in stories like this long before June 2016, it does highlight the fact that we let morons like this decide the future of the country, which doesn't seem like a sensible thing to do.

Soldato
Oh come on you lot, you are as bad as the media for siring this up. She was miss sold a package holiday. Her main complaint was the fact she was promised a level location due to mobility and she was not given this. She also wanted to be around other English holiday makers which is not an unrealistic request in Benidorm and she wasnt. Yes she is a bit stuck in her ways at 81 but come on people, there is no need to talk of culling or such things due to her making a complaint.

As per usual the media have taken comments out of context and sensationalised this story. The poor woman is now going to be attacked on the streets which is completely out of order.

Caporegime
Even if that were true, which it isn't since people have been poking fun at chavs in stories like this long before June 2016, it does highlight the fact that we let morons like this decide the future of the country, which doesn't seem like a sensible thing to do.

We let morons sit in parliament too, see Diane Abbot and Jeremy Corbyn

Short of going back to restricting voting rights there isn't much you can do to stop that.

Man of Honour
Funny because the reason i will never go to Benidorm is because it's full of English scumbags :D

I never go anywhere for a holiday if I know that it’s popular with Brits, of any stripe, working class, middle class, or soi-disant upper class, they all lower the tone to some degree, as far as I’m concerned.
I find Costa Rica to be far more desirable than the Costa Del Sol, and Ecuador doesn’t attract many people from Eccles.
Sure, Costa Rica attracts lots of Americans, but they don’t glass anyone who accidentally bumps into them, for the most part, they’re like me, they want sit in the sun or shade, drink chilled wine, and eat good food.

Soldato
We let morons sit in parliament too, see Diane Abbot and Jeremy Corbyn

Short of going back to restricting voting rights there isn't much you can do to stop that.

Well there is, not have direct referenda

Even Thatcher quoting Attlee hated refendums, calling them "a device of dictators and demagogues" as they are just popularity contests, and we know how easy it is to manipulate the masses.

Soldato
Oh come on you lot, you are as bad as the media for siring this up. She was miss sold a package holiday. Her main complaint was the fact she was promised a level location due to mobility and she was not given this. She also wanted to be around other English holiday makers which is not an unrealistic request in Benidorm and she wasnt. Yes she is a bit stuck in her ways at 81 but come on people, there is no need to talk of culling or such things due to her making a complaint.

As per usual the media have taken comments out of context and sensationalised this story. The poor woman is now going to be attacked on the streets which is completely out of order.

Yeah, it's basically demonising old people and using them as a scape goat for Brexit by categorising them as stupid racists.

Soldato
That doesn't solve the problem as already highlighted, the morons sit in parliament too.

Not saying we don't but just because you don't like them or their politics doesn't automatically make them a moron.

Diane Abbott went to Cambridge University - not the usual destination of a moron. Jeremey Corbyn got..... 2 E grades at A level - hmm...maybe you have a case for him not being the most intellectual person in there :p

Permabanned

Why thank you for that balanced stance! I'd wager you are grateful and kindly to your parents and grand parents too. Good post :)

Permabanned
Not saying we don't but just because you don't like them or their politics doesn't automatically make them a moron.

Diane Abbott went to Cambridge University - not the usual destination of a moron. Jeremey Corbyn got..... 2 E grades at A level - hmm...maybe you have a case for him not being the most intellectual person in there :p

Scholars who went to Cambridge also include Enoch Powell, Nick Griffin, Kim Philby, Oliver Cromwell, Anthony Blunt, Donald Maclean, David Starkey, Alistair Crowley, and Germaine Greer. Despite some of these people's shortcomings in some people's opinion, none have ever been as intellectually barren as Abbott. Quite what did the woman do there? ;)

D3K

D3K

Soldato
"May I ask what you WAS hoping to see in Spain?"

As infuriating as the creature the tweet was directed at.

Commissario
So basically we can learn from this thread that some silly lass should've holiday'd in Rhyl and @Diddums is a filthy foreigner who should be sent back.

Am I doin it rite GD?

Associate
This seems taken out of context, the media are making it seem like she didn't like the fact there were spaniards in benidorm when her complaint mainly is she thought she was getting a hotel aimed at british holiday makers but it was mainly full of spaniards with the entertainment ext aimed at them and they felt out of place which i think is perfectly reasonable. The other point being she was told it was a relatively flat resort when it wasn't. I'm kind of shocked i seem to be one of the only people who understand her complaints.

Now if she said omg spaniards everywhere in shops, theme parks bars or <insert anything other than hotel here> then i would understand the ripping and the poking fun by the media but this doesn't seem to be the case.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom