BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Associate
Just upgrade my Sky broadband to their new Ultra Fast plus 500. Works out £17pm more then my current package but when my TV contract is up in Jan i'll get that knocked of my TV deal or i'll just cancel it as I don't watch it much anyway.
How are you finding it. Making a change from BT after 20 plus years as they are not good to existing customers

Associate
How are you finding it. Making a change from BT after 20 plus years as they are not good to existing customers

Sorry when I said upgraded I meant I finally ordered it, not going live for 2 weeks. My neighbours have had it for 2 months though and love it. Not a single drop in connection in that time. They definitely said it was worth the extra money just for the stable connection.

Associate
Sorry when I said upgraded I meant I finally ordered it, not going live for 2 weeks. My neighbours have had it for 2 months though and love it. Not a single drop in connection in that time. They definitely said it was worth the extra money just for the stable connection.
No worries. Good enough by the sounds of it

V F

V F

Soldato
Hmm, something interesting on mine that has changed since yesterday. It's not available yet (no date yet) but the numbers has changed from 300Mbps down 50Mbps up checking the BT Wholesale Fiber checker. It's now listed as: Downstream 1000Mbps, Upstream 220Mbps.

Associate
Thought I would share a long time but finally success story from Openreach.

Back in July 2019 moved house to an estate built 2012/2013. Half of it had FTTP installed in 2017. The house/half I was in was on FTTC which gave 25/30Mb.

According to Openreach FTTP checker there was plans to do the rest of the estate late 2019/early 2020. It soon became apparent after multiple enquiry's this wasn't going to happen and the plans was stopped.

Had a Cerberus FTTPoD done in Jan 2020 quote came back at £8,640+Vat. Continued for the next 16 months pestering Bellway, Local CC, OR for the reason why half the estate was missed. Went into great detail with maps, build timings for the half which had FTTP....lots of information but just continued to get fobbed off.

Roll on beginning August 2020 when I decided to fire some emails off to high level Openreach, now finally got to deal with REAL people who know there stuff! First attempt after a week failed to which I re-escalated back and then things REALLY started to move rapidly.

An Head engineer personally got involved with local field surveying. Estate surveyed in a week (middle August) and got a call OR had aggreged to build FTTP to the 69 house's which missed out.

Over the next month there was a fleet of Openreach vans each day busy in underground chambers pulling fibre and installing CBT in the underground chambers.

On Wednesday (lucky i was at home) a couple engineers turned up out the blue who know my name and said they had come to install the CSP and ONT, all went fine and they installed the ONT into the room I asked for without issue. The build wasn't yet released from commissioning but was told this should happen in the next couple day at which point I would be able to order from an ISP.

This morning all went live, ordered the 900Mb FTTP from BT. Had a call from the engineer who has been my contact with this saying he found my order on the BT system, has remotely activated my service and it should all be working. Smart hub is on order but unless there is an issue will use my mesh Deco's to connect to the ONT.

So the story of almost 2 years back of LOTS of phone calls, emails etc etc in a little over 6 weeks a fibre build has been planned, built and commissioned.

I can not fault the high level people I have been in contact with at Openreach, goes to show persistence sometimes does pay off.

Looking forward to trying it once I'm home from work later and being able to cancel the Three 4G mobile broadband which TBH has served me better than expected the past 2 years.

Soldato
Hmm, something interesting on mine that has changed since yesterday. It's not available yet (no date yet) but the numbers has changed from 300Mbps down 50Mbps up checking the BT Wholesale Fiber checker. It's now listed as: Downstream 1000Mbps, Upstream 220Mbps.

It should be available fairly soon for you then if the availability checker is saying that. Was it previously saying that FTToD (FTTP on Demand) was available? That's generally listed as 330Mbps down.

V F

V F

Soldato
It should be available fairly soon for you then if the availability checker is saying that. Was it previously saying that FTToD (FTTP on Demand) was available? That's generally listed as 330Mbps down.

Yes, it was. The fiber cable was put into the ducting 3 days ago. They had so much cable it was crazy to see. Must have been 8am there until 2pm one day. 5 Openreach vans were up that day.

V F

V F

Soldato
What does this mean under "FTTP Install Process"? KCI2 Assure.

Hmm...

18.3 KCI overview � Fulfilment
KCIs indicate key milestones during the progression of a WBC order. The following KCIs are supported:
� KCI1 = Acknowledged - an order line is being progressed.
� KCI2 = Committed - a CPD has been calculated
� KCI3 = Completed - an order line has been fulfilled.

18.4 Key KCI Data � Fulfilment
� The 'Rejected' response will contain the CPs Order Reference and error details.
� The 'Pending' response will contain the customer's Order Reference and Order ID.
� All KCIs will contain Order ID, Order Line ID, and customer's Order. Reference and customer's Order Line Reference to identify order and order line.
� The 'Acknowledged' KCI will also contain Service ID and Customer Delivery Date (CDD).
� The 'Committed' KCI will also contain Customer Promised Date (CPD).
� The 'Completed' KCI will also contain Service Completion Date (SCD).
� WBC FTTC specific data will be included in KCIs as required. This includes the addition of appointment related information in the Committed KCI

A KCI2 would usually include things like Excess Construction Charges that need to be agreed before the order can progress.

Oh.... "FTTP is available and a new ONT may be ordered."

It's now available to order on the BT site. Full Fiber 900.

Back
Top Bottom