BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Caporegime
If anyone is considering changing FTTP provider I have Super fast 500 deals with Sky for £42pm. Not sure if the codes will work with 1G but happy to send a code along if someone wants to check. Start a conversation.

Soldato
Currently paying £72.34 a month for BT Full Fibre 900. They did call me a month or so ago trying to tie me down to a new 2 year contract at £69.99 or something.

Who's been in a similar position and jumped to talk talk or Vodafone? My contract ends in Sep.
Yup, I jumped from BT to Vodafone fibre in March as after 4 calls with different people, the retention offers were a joke and wouldn't entertain the possibility of the new customer price.

Paying £32/month for 500 at the moment with VF (£90 cashback via TCB as well) - zero complaints.

BT like to give the customer service line but having used both VF CS on a previous contract and BT CS - there is not a lot between them.

Soldato
Currently paying £72.34 a month for BT Full Fibre 900. They did call me a month or so ago trying to tie me down to a new 2 year contract at £69.99 or something.

Who's been in a similar position and jumped to talk talk or Vodafone? My contract ends in Sep.

Eh? Signed up my brother in law over 2 years ago at £55pm for BT Full Fibre 900. I just renewed him a few months ago and the best they offered was £52 on a new 24 month contract, which he's happy with regardless.

Why the hell are you paying £72pm :o

Caporegime
Unfortunately don't have Cityfibre in my area so don't get the high speed upload as well.

Vodafone seem to have highly variable pricing depending on region then, because if I check an Openreach FTTP address the highest package I am offered is 200Mbps for £35

V_R

V_R

Soldato
City Fibre are starting to lay their cables in our street, is this their own network or will it become part of the BT/Openreach network does anyone know? Ta.

Soldato
Vodafone seem to have highly variable pricing depending on region then, because if I check an Openreach FTTP address the highest package I am offered is 200Mbps for £35

From what I've gathered CityFibre are somehow providing a lot cheaper FTTP pricing tiers at wholesale, compared to Openreach who are much more expensive.

I've noticed some smaller ISPs are listing CityFibre FTTP and Openreach FTTP on separate pricing tables because of it lol

Caporegime
Yes I understand that, but Vodafone are also offering different tiers and prices in different Openreach areas. The amount that Openreach are able to charge is regulated by Ofcom, and if they try to get too competitive a lot of altnets have a cry about it.

Soldato
It was £29 with the 3 quid discount for having a contract with them but went PAYG a few months back.

If I check as a new customer now I get offered 200 @ £35 / 500 @ £40 / 910 @ £50

Caporegime
I assume they limit the options depending on backhaul capacity, which would make a change from Vodafone's previous antics of overselling.

Associate
Don't know what offer you have but here it's £55.99 for new customers (£50.99 if not including landline).

F6j7Dxz.png

If you browse abit on the BT site eventually a pop up comes up asking if you want to speak to someone on live chat. Click it and then choose "Leaving BT". Puts you through to retentions who will do stupid good deals. As I showed above you can get them to give you the cashback that a new customer would get (so £105 credit in our cases):

SwSYNuU.png

Best deal right now: If you're in a cityfibre area you can get Vodafone 900Mb for £30 plus get a £155 Rainforest voucher basically making it £23.54 a month). £23.54 for 900Mb. Just crazy.

The more I think about it the retention teams of these higher tier "premium" ISP must have to give insane deals right now. With the rise in cost of living the first stuff to really get pulled back is broadband so people shop about and see "wow I can get faster speed from Vodafone for £15 less a month? Bye BT!". BT try the "but we offer superior customer service" stuff but people literally can't afford it now so they are forced to leave. The number of people leaving must be so bad the past few months they have to offer ridiculous deals. If everybody leaves they literally don't make money besides wholesale stuff. I always thought broadband prices were a scam anyway especially now. Maybe like 15 years ago it made sense because of how bad the copper infrastructure was/bandwidth limits/inc landline rental but now all they have to do is stick a box at your house and keep it there for 24 months and get close to £1,000 out of you for the privilege. With fibre being more reliable aswell you don't need as many support staff on call to answer why Netflix is buffering.

Thanks dude! I've followed your advice and went through the online chat and asked for a deal on Full Fibre 500. First offer was for £69.99, which I swiftly declined then he came down to £53.99. I then told him I could get Talk Talk for £39/vodafone for £40 without a landline and that if I was a new BT customer I could get it for £45.99. He then went to check with his manager if he could offer me the same deal, which he confirmed he could.

So I've signed up @ £45 a month for FF 500 inc 6mths Xbox game pass.

Eh? Signed up my brother in law over 2 years ago at £55pm for BT Full Fibre 900. I just renewed him a few months ago and the best they offered was £52 on a new 24 month contract, which he's happy with regardless.

Why the hell are you paying £72pm :o

I was paying 59.99 initially for FF 900 then it went up by a tenner and then again slightly with recent inflation rate rise.

Associate
It's hard to recommend BT, even with cash back deals etc it's still an expensive 24 month contract. You can get Fibre 900 with Aquiss for £55 a month with a static IP, IPv6, BTW backhaul, fast customer service and support and it's only a 12 month contract. The first 3 months is £27.50.

I reported an upload profile issue to them on Tuesday and I have an Openreach engineer coming today.
I agree but it seems one of the few providers still allowing landline combo.

Back
Top Bottom