BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

2830241738.png

Can't complain!

If there were in my area, I would have jumped straight on them also. Well jealous! & lol at the ping.

Hi all, I checked on the BT DSL checker for my postcode and I don't see any stats for FTTC, but when I type in my phone number on their phone number checker it lists a speed of 55.9Mbps, on Samknows FTTC "RFS date" for my exchange has recently jumped from 2014 to 1st September 2013, I am just trying to figure out if my cabinet will get fibre to it, can anyone tell from this data please?

Hi all, I checked on the BT DSL checker for my postcode and I don't see any stats for FTTC, but when I type in my phone number on their phone number checker it lists a speed of 55.9Mbps, on Samknows FTTC "RFS date" for my exchange has recently jumped from 2014 to 1st September 2013, I am just trying to figure out if my cabinet will get fibre to it, can anyone tell from this data please?

Postcode checker does not show FTTC availability. You need to use the address or telephone number checker. In your case, you should be able to get FTTC in the future.

Leaving 02 unlimited as my contract is up and Signing up to fibre today for the infiniti 1 + Calls. Looks like earliest date i have for Engineer is 19th August...

Just ordered Infinity 2 - BT quoting:

Your broadband speed
We estimate your download speed will be: 54.2Mb
We estimate your upload speed will be: 15.7Mb

If true it will be a nice increase from.....

guys I have dropped 10mb download speeds since having BT infinity

it was 45mb for the first 10 days now I am 35mb..

how can I force it back

modem I have model b-focus v-2fub/r rev.b

what do I need to do please?

Have patience and wait there is nothing u can do as the BT software has probably picked up something.Speeds can go up or down and unless u start crashing by 25% or more there is nothing BT will do.

Mine crashed from 70MB to 34MB and that was a rotten faceplate and i was fixed back to up 70MB.Roughly four months on ive now ive increased by 5MB to 75MB.

Just wait 35MB is still good!

Quick question. I currently have infinity with a max capable speed of 39.5Meg. Is there any new fibre technology coming up that would be able to increase my speed at all?

Are you on the 80/20 Infinity 2 package? Sounds like you're maxing the 40mb package out and could achieve more going to Infinity 2.

Quick question. I currently have infinity with a max capable speed of 39.5Meg. Is there any new fibre technology coming up that would be able to increase my speed at all?

Only Vectoring but BT seem to take ages to impliment stuff even though they got in on the early stages of the Tech. Probably be next year and probably that later part of that if the tests that they are conducting work out.

Seems to be luck with who replies from NGA. The second time i emailed them to find out what the "unexpected problems" are with my cab going live they just sent some generic copy paste response that had nothing to do with the question.

They had contractors dig up the road outside my house last week for a couple of days so hopefully that was to fix the problem and they have more roadworks scheduled at the cab again next Tuesday. Can only cross my fingers that it'll finally go live after that.

Well I've just spent an hour on IM to someone in India, the sum of that achievement was... a speed test from the wholesale checker and an appointment with the hallowed "level 2" mob.

Have dropped 16mb off my IP profile in the last week and pings are flaky at best, neighbour has reported the same issues so I'm going to take a stab it being something to do with our cab or the cabling from said cab... but, we'll see what the Level 2 Lords have to say about it tomorrow.

Sigh.

Randal they would probably tell you its normal and ask you to rest the modem or the best one they have found a fault in the exchange and are fixing it this is the best excuse ive heard from them lol Good luck let us know what happens

Saw someone in a high viz fiddling with it today (didn't see any OpenReach logo or a BT van nearby though). Hopefully he's pressing the magic 'on' button?

So today the BT Wholesale Checker has changed from "31st March 2014" to "Available" using my phone line for cabinet/exchange combination. The Openreach Superfast Where & When map still shows the exchange as "Coming soon September 2013".

Given that the BT Retail offers of £60 Sainsbury Vouchers and free BT Sport HD expire today (BT Sport SD will continue to be free, but they'll charge £3/m for HD upgrade) I have placed an order for Infinity 2. Seems to have accepted the order, but haven't given them a MAC yet.
Accepted the first 'engineer' date they gave which is three weeks away.

The BT Retail website said the 'engineer' will bring the VDSL modem with them, and I'll be sent the router a couple of days before install. That's good to know as I don't plan on using their router (but couldn't find any way of escaping the £6 delivery charge) and was worried that they might send me a combined modem/router rather than standalone modem... so them still using separate modem & router suits me fine.

Back
Top Bottom