BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

So I decided to connect the BT Hub today and just had an orange light indicating no connection, so I gave BT a call.

Spoke to an agent (nice chap) and they said Openreach haven't activated my BB services :rolleyes:

They have agreed to compensate against any charges I may occur from Plusnet and will call me tomorrow to discuss what will happen. Any charges from my activation date until when I finally get BT services will be waived too.

Even though my PN is faster than my BT package I like to be above board and PN is **** anyway as I cannot even watch Twitch without it buffering every minute.

So that call never happened. They rang today instead and have moved my activation date to the 22nd Sep and cannot Fast Track it so I can be connected earlier.

The call agent was fobbing me of saying that Plusnet are to blame hence why Openreach cannot connect my BT broadband services. However my line is with BT atm.

She also said that I will have to pay any bills from Plusnet as I am still using their service and BT will not compensate for it.

I wasn't pleased so requested to speak to a manager as Plusnet in an email stated the transfer will happen for ALL servives on the 30th August. They said a manager wasn't available so one will call me back within 48 hours.

This is becoming a right mess.

So that call never happened. They rang today instead and have moved my activation date to the 22nd Sep and cannot Fast Track it so I can be connected earlier.

The call agent was fobbing me of saying that Plusnet are to blame hence why Openreach cannot connect my BT broadband services. However my line is with BT atm.

She also said that I will have to pay any bills from Plusnet as I am still using their service and BT will not compensate for it.

I wasn't pleased so requested to speak to a manager as Plusnet in an email stated the transfer will happen for ALL servives on the 30th August. They said a manager wasn't available so one will call me back within 48 hours.

This is becoming a right mess.

[email protected]

Thanks seems her role is executive complaints at BT (What a job role lol)

If I don't get a call back by tomorrow as BT promised then I will send her an email.

Dunno if its the same Emma (can't remember the second name now) but when BT made a right mess of a job I had someone called Emma at ELC assigned to me and they were really good - called me back several times a day with updates and really knew what they were doing - we even ended up chatting about online gaming and the issues with regard to latency at one point while waiting on someone else at BT to get back to her.

Anyone getting terrible YouTube buffering/loading? I'm on 80/20 FTTC and recently loading a 1080p video is taking forever. Speeds are within tolerance according to the HH and speedtest.net

Amraam - YES! Exact same issue here. I just moved from Sky to BT last week, speed tests come back fine (52/10)...

But YouTube for crying out loud buffers CONSTANTLY! It's god awful. I'm using the exact same VR900 router. When I was on Sky's Fibre Pro it was perfect.

Contemplating using my 14 day window to jump ship again... But I got a good deal, £125 reward and £160 cash back from TCB once verified - sigh...

I've never had a connection that worked perfectly with YouTube buffering. Just use the "YouTube Without Dash" plugin to disable their dynamic buffering completely and load at full speed.

I've never had a connection that worked perfectly with YouTube buffering. Just use the "YouTube Without Dash" plugin to disable their dynamic buffering completely and load at full speed.

Don't think this is available on Chrome? Or is it via another extension?

Also when I was on Sky, YouTube was absolutely perfect. Never ever had an issue in 2.5 years with them.

(you don't know what you have until it's gone! :p)

Back
Top Bottom