BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Eh, 95% of the time it works but sometimes it just gets stuck after loading the first few seconds and requires a refresh. Happens at both home and work for me, maybe it's a browser thing rather than ISP related.

I'm not sure, I use Chrome. The last time I remember having YT issues was when I was with VM. The 152 mbit line couldn't buffer a 10 minute video to save its life. Been with Sky and now Zen since, no issues since that.

Amraam - YES! Exact same issue here. I just moved from Sky to BT last week, speed tests come back fine (52/10)...

But YouTube for crying out loud buffers CONSTANTLY! It's god awful. When I was on Sky's Fibre Pro it was perfect.

Ditto. :(

That's weird. So mines not switched over until tomorrow but I can use the BT hot spots and, living in wonderfully populous London, my building has a tonne of BT hotspots. Tried a few to test the issue you guys are having and using YouTube is fine. No buffering at all? Straight up to max quality.

That's weird. So mines not switched over until tomorrow but I can use the BT hot spots and, living in wonderfully populous London, my building has a tonne of BT hotspots. Tried a few to test the issue you guys are having and using YouTube is fine. No buffering at all? Straight up to max quality.

Seems hit and miss, or depends on the day/traffic.

Right now I'm watching some YT vids and seems fine...

Since Tuesday morning, my internet has been shockingly bad. 4MB download rate (9mb up) on speedtest and it keeps dropping connections and cannot cope with any downloading/videos/sites with lots of pictures.

And BT (as usual) are not being particularly helpful. :(

Bt Infinity customer here for the last 12 months. Last year I bought an openreach modem (ECI) off ebay so I could continue using my asus RT-n66u. Noticed my line must have been interleaved? as I couldn't ping anywhere below 25ms. I've just bought an unlocked HG612 so I could get some line stats up and have a little snoop around.

I think I'm on an ECI cabinet, it now looks like G.INP is enabled (don't think it was before) and my ping to bbc.co.uk has fallen to 15ms so looks like I've been moved from interleaved to fastpath. Excellent stuff.

BT checker says our cab is now in the build phase and that we should expect connection within 5 months.

Fingers crossed there are no snags along the way, would be nice to get a bit of a speed bump after a few years on around 2 meg.

So, all switched over from TalkTalk (genuinely, was a solid service) to BT today. Received HomeHub5, it seems snappier despite having moved from 78mb to 52mb.

However, I always used the Openreach model and my Apple Airport. I cannot get this to work. I've tried changing the connection in the airport to PPPoE and putting the username in but no luck.

So, all switched over from TalkTalk (genuinely, was a solid service) to BT today. Received HomeHub5, it seems snappier despite having moved from 78mb to 52mb.

However, I always used the Openreach model and my Apple Airport. I cannot get this to work. I've tried changing the connection in the airport to PPPoE and putting the username in but no luck.

Wait so you've got the OR modem connected to the AirPort or the HH5?

What login details are you using?

I use [email protected] and then set the password to anything (I use password).

Wait so you've got the OR modem connected to the AirPort or the HH5?

My previous set up with TT was: AirPort Extreme > openreach modem > wall.

With BT this didn't work as BT appears to authenticate differently.

For now I'm just using the home hub nothing else.

What login details are you using?

I use [email protected] and then set the password to anything (I use password).

I believe it was that, I'll try again in the morning!

Back
Top Bottom