BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Soldato
That's not how I'd read chris.tarry85's post.

He appears to be saying (and it would make sense) that if you cancel the broadband due to the price increase they can't hold you to the contracts on the linked services. If they did you'd have to keep on paying a significant amount for a service you can't use.

If you keep the broadband then you're accepting the price increase, and there's no reason why they would let you out of the contract for BT TV (where AFAIK the terms haven't changed).

Associate
That's not how I'd read chris.tarry85's post.

He appears to be saying (and it would make sense) that if you cancel the broadband due to the price increase they can't hold you to the contracts on the linked services. If they did you'd have to keep on paying a significant amount for a service you can't use.

If you keep the broadband then you're accepting the price increase, and there's no reason why they would let you out of the contract for BT TV (where AFAIK the terms haven't changed).

Correct, you have to cancel the element with the price rise - this then enables you to also cancel any other services without penalty

Associate
I have canceled my BT just wondering if I need to send back the HH5 and YouView box?

You are under no obligation to, but they will send letters, emails etc. that make it look like you are.

One is even entitled "You need to return your kit", its only when you read it that is says it is optional.

I presume they save a bucketload by refurbing and reusing them.

I'd keep the youview box to use for Freeview and whack the HH5 on eBay!

Associate
I dont think I even have the HH5 box anymore. The YouView box is of no use since for some reason cant pick of a signal it just be the aerial but we have the sat box anyway.

Associate
I have replaced my HH5 with a HG612 and a Ubiquiti USG and all appears to be working fine,

Just a question, my USG is reporting that the HG612 Lan1 to USG WAN connection speed is 10/100 is this correct ?

Also as I have the HG612 operating as a modem only is there anyway to get my line stats?

Thanks in advance

Phil G

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
I have replaced my HH5 with a HG612 and a Ubiquiti USG and all appears to be working fine,

Just a question, my USG is reporting that the HG612 Lan1 to USG WAN connection speed is 10/100 is this correct ?

Also as I have the HG612 operating as a modem only is there anyway to get my line stats?

Thanks in advance

Phil G

That's correct. The port on the FTTC modems is only 10/100mbit. Mines the same and the first thing I googled when I saw an orange instead of green light on my Edgerouter.

Soldato
What are BT doing at around 1am?

My router in the last few weeks has dropped connection and done a reboot twice always around 1am. Usually it's when they push firmware updates, but I've checked recently and it hasn't been that.

Man of Honour
Not on my line at home, it's usually the same or a little worse. There's been improvements with firmware releases recently.

There's a bit of chat about it on TBB and other FTTC forums.

Back
Top Bottom