BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Caporegime
My year is nearly up now with BT Infinity 4 (300mb) looking online it seems its around £52 to recontract with phone line for 18 months, anyone had any luck haggling it down and for only 12 months?

You can try, but nobody else is that bothered with supplying FTTP despite whinging constantly about how BT need to lay fibre everywhere in order to remain competitive. So you have very little competition, and I assume BT (retail) know this.

Associate
You can try, but nobody else is that bothered with supplying FTTP despite whinging constantly about how BT need to lay fibre everywhere in order to remain competitive. So you have very little competition, and I assume BT (retail) know this.

Yes, no-one else can offer us any service..... I love the fact I still have to pay for a phone line also :D

maj

maj

Soldato
I too have had the letter regarding price increase. I moved into my first home in September and am already onto my second supplier in BT. Probably get some flack for this but tempted to just stay put rather than dealing with the hassle of moving supplier for a third time.

Soldato
My contract was up beginning of March and I had the letter regarding price increases.
My Infinity 2 package was going up from £33 to over £50 so I gave them a call and they didn't even attempt to keep me after many years of loyal service. They literally offered me nothing to stay other than some crap half price BT Sport offer, so I've moved to EE which went live last Friday.

Guess BT aren't interested in retention and need to recoup the Premier League costs somehow.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
They literally offered me nothing to stay other than some crap half price BT Sport offer, so I've moved to EE which went live last Friday.

Guess BT aren't interested in retention and need to recoup the Premier League costs somehow.

Which is funny as BT own EE :)

Associate
Not sure if this is correct thread but it's to do with BT. I have Infinity 1 with them and BT TV. I had the email about price increase and I want to cancel my TV package only. I phoned them and asked to cancel but I was told I would be charged early termination fee to do this as the price increase is only on broadband. Is that correct?

Back
Top Bottom