BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Associate
I have fttp no copper. However I can only get fibre speeds I.e. 80mb plus on my fttp line. My copper line can only have max 6mb. So unless someone else can use the fttp line I guess I'm stuck with BT

Associate
I have BT FTTP on option infinity 2 (80/20). Although when i log into my homehub it says i have infinity 3. My current speeds are 78-80MB down and between 18-26Mb up. not sure why the upload bounces around so high.

Soldato
Saw some Openreach people pushing blue cables through conduits in the pavement nearby today, it is downrange? or beyond the last FTTC cabinet and seems to be down the road where I live. Anyone know if this is either exploratory or actual fibre being pushed through? If so hopefully this means Fibre won't be too much longer?

Soldato
Saw some Openreach people pushing blue cables through conduits in the pavement nearby today, it is downrange? or beyond the last FTTC cabinet and seems to be down the road where I live. Anyone know if this is either exploratory or actual fibre being pushed through? If so hopefully this means Fibre won't be too much longer?
Couldn't confirm but blue cables sounds like CST singlemode fibre, cobras are usually yellow (long fibreglass rod that checks that ducts are clear)

Caporegime
So today I learn that BT are incompetent *******.

They didn't cancel my services on the day they should have at the end of my contract so I've received another months line rental charge for March, and when I spoke to them and put in my notice I was moving they didn't advise me that I would have to pay £31 to BT for the privilege of moving.

:mad:

*** Fully star inappropriate language - Armageus ***

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Thanks. I wasn't too sure on this.

Late reply, but I cancelled everything (inc. TV and Sport) because of the price rise with no termination charge.

BT TV only works with their broadband, charging you to cancel it when you have the right to cancel broadband is seen as anti-competitive by Ofcom - the same principle which is now forcing BT to refund any line rental paid in advance despite initially telling everyone they would loose it.

Associate
Late reply, but I cancelled everything (inc. TV and Sport) because of the price rise with no termination charge.

BT TV only works with their broadband, charging you to cancel it when you have the right to cancel broadband is seen as anti-competitive by Ofcom - the same principle which is now forcing BT to refund any line rental paid in advance despite initially telling everyone they would loose it.

So I can cancel only BT TV penalty free then while keeping broadband?

Back
Top Bottom