BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
My FTTC connection goes live tomorrow, after 4 years of around 2 meg will be nice to have something a bit better :)

Neighbours connected today and are getting 51Mbps so should be good.

All done, about 68 down and 18 up at the moment :)

APM

APM

Associate
Has anyone bought a second youview+ box,say from ebay or somewhere similar and used that with their existing tv package on top of their existing box?

Cob

Cob

Soldato
But who let's their BT contract run out?

I must have re-signed a new 18 month contract about half-a-dozen times in the past 2 years. Seems every other time I log into their website there's some sort of a new offer for me. In paying less now per month than my initial contract - and it was a special introductory offer.

Soldato

That's not what the above poster was stating. He was stating that the monthly amount goes up year on year which is true for all companies. I remember when the iPhone 3G first came out, you could get one for free on a £35/month and people thought it was extortionate, now they barley bat an eyelid at £50/month plus some upfront £££. That was less than 9 years ago...

The other way you could look at the 67% increase is that its a really good introductory offer.... the same thing applies to RAC, home/car insurance, ISA accounts, electricity/gas etc etc.

I'm not defending BT's practices but in the real world there is no such thing as 'brand loyalty' and only people that don't care or are too stupid to do basic maths don't constantly switch provider or call to re-contract for these sorts of things. If your the latter, more fool you. This is nothing more than a sensationalist slow news day.

Man of Honour
Managed to shave around £14 a month from my combined mobile and fibre. Called up asking to save money, they just threw the deal at me, and then even reduced my mobile contract by a chunk and gave me more data too. The guy must have been having a great day or something!

Associate
My BT Infinity 4 300mb service is about to expire, rang up BT, cant offer anything what so ever in terms of discount this time.

They want to take the price from £48.99 (With line rental) to £65 (On an 18month contract).

If I sign up with my partners name as a "New Customer" I can get a 12 month contract for £65, £150 MasterCard and £100=/- Quidco/TCB.

Seems crazy that they cant offer anything to keep me as a customer.

Man of Honour
My BT Infinity 4 300mb service is about to expire, rang up BT, cant offer anything what so ever in terms of discount this time.

They want to take the price from £48.99 (With line rental) to £65 (On an 18month contract).

If I sign up with my partners name as a "New Customer" I can get a 12 month contract for £65, £150 MasterCard and £100=/- Quidco/TCB.

Seems crazy that they cant offer anything to keep me as a customer.
Why do you have to have a new contract with it if you carry on in your name? Can't you just leave it rolling?

Back
Top Bottom