BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Soldato
@kindai is it free to get Cerberus to have OR complete the desktop survey for FTTPoD? I'd like to put a request in to Cerberus if I can get a desktop survey, long as it costs me zilch. :D

EDIT: I can see it seems to be a free desk survey, so have put my request in! Let's see what comes back within the next 14 days then... I will not hold my breath!

Last edited:
Caporegime
I think the way this will play out is that EAD ends up costing less than FTTPoD. It's not uncommon to see 100Mbps for £250 in more urban areas, without an install charge.

Soldato
Sorry forgot to ask @kindai what was the monthly rental cost? And are the only FTTPoD products they offer 300/30?

You would think with FTTP you could get the 330/50 packages or look at 500+ although that may be a future product maybe?

Soldato
It’s BT Infinity 1 - my connection has been down since Sunday so I’m guessing it’s being slowed by the exchange until stable?

I’m probably using the wrong nomenclature too :o

Connected at 43.69Mbps down, 1.23Mbps up.

Caporegime
It’s BT Infinity 1 - my connection has been down since Sunday so I’m guessing it’s being slowed by the exchange until stable?

I’m probably using the wrong nomenclature too :o

Connected at 43.69Mbps down, 1.23Mbps up.
I'm pretty sure Infinity 1 isn't set on a 1 or 2 Meg profile. Either your profile has been set incorrectly or there's still a fault. What does http://dslchecker.bt.com say for your upload range?

Associate
I've just had BT Ultrafast Fibre installed today, upgrading from BT Infinity.
My old speeds were 70 down, 20 up. With this new setup, which just required a new master socket and HomeHub, is now 250 down, 40 up (although this is due to increase to nearly 260 once it's settled down).

Very happy!

Soldato
I've just had BT Ultrafast Fibre installed today, upgrading from BT Infinity.
My old speeds were 70 down, 20 up. With this new setup, which just required a new master socket and HomeHub, is now 250 down, 40 up (although this is due to increase to nearly 260 once it's settled down).

Very happy!

Lucky bugger!

Back
Top Bottom