Build advice

Associate
OP
Your welcome.

Did you see the mesh front fractual s2 it would allow slightly more airflow ?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/b-gr...e-blackout-dark-tempered-glass-bg-01v-fd.html

Yes I've seen that case it looks good but I'm really not a fan of the mesh on the front, I really want a maingear f131 case but they are not for sale unfortunately so I've been trying to find on thats similar in design but as suggested earlier there isn't many options available for a case these days compared to 10 years ago when I built my 1st pc, when I built that one I bought a CM storm trooper but looking at that now I don't know what I was thinking

Associate
I would love a bigger screen but it comes down to price for me at the moment :(
I don't want less than 27" as I'm playing battlefield 3 again but it's on my 15.6" laptop and it's very hard to see what's going on Lol
But saying that, I also don't want a monitor that will not give me the benefits of the card quality but that is also reflected in the price :(

Ah yeah that's fair, they are pretty expensive! Don't have one myself but 27 inch 1440p is probably the sweet spot for price/features. It's much better than 1080p and not that bad to run, especially with your 3070 that will blitz that res for pretty much every game

Associate
OP
Ah yeah that's fair, they are pretty expensive! Don't have one myself but 27 inch 1440p is probably the sweet spot for price/features. It's much better than 1080p and not that bad to run, especially with your 3070 that will blitz that res for pretty much every game

Yeh im trying to save money where I can so I can invest in a decent monitor, I'm very fortunate I saved a lot on the graphics card

Associate
OP
That 3070 you got is an insane deal, that might be the get of the decade haha

Funny story behind that is, I helped spec a gaming pc for my brothers friend almost 2 years ago.
As there's a massive inflation in prices and no stock on GPU's anywhere I decided to message him to see if he had upgraded he's rig which he hadn't but he told me he had an rtx but he doesn't know which one and it has a bent pin in the pcie so I could have he's gpu which was a red devil 6700x if I remember correctly, anyway I turned up to he's house yesterday and he come out to the car with the 3070 so I plugged it in to my brother in laws pc and there's nothing wrong with it at all haha I feel like I won the lottery

Associate
OP
What size resoloution ?

As best resolution as I can get for the £200-300 mark in a minimum 27" I'm not too sure on what I'm looking at really because of the different types of lighting like led, led etc I don't know what is considered a good refresh rate or fps etc

I asked my brother in law and he said LG 27GP850-B or an odyssey G7 but they are out of my price range lol

Associate
Funny story behind that is, I helped spec a gaming pc for my brothers friend almost 2 years ago.
As there's a massive inflation in prices and no stock on GPU's anywhere I decided to message him to see if he had upgraded he's rig which he hadn't but he told me he had an rtx but he doesn't know which one and it has a bent pin in the pcie so I could have he's gpu which was a red devil 6700x if I remember correctly, anyway I turned up to he's house yesterday and he come out to the car with the 3070 so I plugged it in to my brother in laws pc and there's nothing wrong with it at all haha I feel like I won the lottery
Wow great one!! You owe him a beer haha

Man of Honour
As best resolution as I can get for the £200-300 mark in a minimum 27" I'm not too sure on what I'm looking at really because of the different types of lighting like led, led etc I don't know what is considered a good refresh rate or fps etc
I asked my brother in law and he said LG 27GP850-B or an odyssey G7 but they are out of my price range lol

1440p 144hz is the sweet spot imo for gaming theres load to choose from and also do you want gsync , hdr.

The 27gl850-b is £300 not to sure of the diffrence from the above.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/lg-2...le-widescreen-led-gaming-monit-mo-155-lg.html

Associate
OP
Man of Honour
Reading that description goes over my head and I have no idea what gsync or hdr is the monitor looks good and sounds great on paper but I really do have no idea what any of it means
Gsync means you can match nvidia graphics display rate to the monitor so theres no lag .

Freesync is AMD version of hhe same.

HDR, or high-dynamic range it can usually offer brighter highlights and a wider range of color detail, for a punchier image overall.

Associate
OP
Gsync means you can match nvidia graphics display rate to the monitor so theres no lag .

Freesync is AMD version of hhe same.

HDR, or high-dynamic range it can usually offer brighter highlights and a wider range of color detail, for a punchier image overall.

Ahh thanks for explaining that ☺ I'm guessing all that comes with a bigger price tag?

Man of Honour
Ahh right so my best option in the price range I jave is the one you suggested? Does it make much difference without gsync etc?
One of the best options but i cant go threw everyone you will have to compare yourself.

You have a 3070 so gsync makes sense and is available within budget , you dont have to have gsync but it helps eliminate lag which can cause screen tearing.

Associate
OP
One of the best options but i cant go threw everyone you will have to compare yourself.

You have a 3070 so gsync makes sense and is available within budget , you dont have to have gsync but it helps eliminate lag which can cause screen tearing.

Ahh I see, well I appreciate that mate and I now have the knowledge to do some comparing so thank you

Soldato
That Define S2 is also quite big for features it has/lacks.
Without couple 5.25" bays that long depth is just lots of useless space, while eating fair dozen unnecessary centimeters of space from your desk.
(there aren't even places for many 3.5" drives)

Though at least it has decent number of USB ports.
Worst cases are like maybe one USB3 and another ancient USB2.

Soldato
e34 has more cooling and looks better.
Cooler manufacturer TDP ratings are rather meaningless, when there's no measuring standards.
And only difference to standard Freezer 34 is painted fins and faster fan.
Brocken Eco Advanced is actually little heavier and bigger heatsink and hence with same speed fan would quite certainly beat Freezer 34.

Though if caring about noise those speeds are anyway too fast.

I would also say 3440 x 1440p is great if wanting a larger size with 34-35 inch screens. I find this resolution very immersive
Can't consider low screens lacking vertical coverage of most of field of view as immersive.
Just visit IMAX theaters/similar. (or planetarium)
Zero low screen images in those, but instead basically complete coverage of stereo view area, which is the most important for immersion.

Man of Honour
Cooler manufacturer TDP ratings are rather meaningless, when there's no measuring standards.
And only difference to standard Freezer 34 is painted fins and faster fan.
Brocken Eco Advanced is actually little heavier and bigger heatsink and hence with same speed fan would quite certainly beat Freezer 34.

Though if caring about noise those speeds are anyway too fast.
Agreed about tdp but you need some point of refrence hence reviews, as for the fan i agree thought it was 24db noise level but its 34db full tilt .

Back
Top Bottom