[Build Log] Back To Water!

Soldato
OP
Sorry for lack of updates been having few issues with orders and my pump and res arriving opened and damaged so having to return that.

Good news is Pexon just finished my PSU cables and sent me a pic of it which I think looks great.

20150421130200__MG_8837_1.jpg

Soldato
OP
Are they made for a perfect fit for the Evolv ? I have been thinking about some custom cables for a while now.

Well I think I made them abit longer than needed just incase but hopefully fingers crossed they fit fine. I just chose which cables I wanted with what length and colour combination.

Damn this is making me want to buy an Evolv!

They are a very well made case.

Looking good. :)

Thanks.

I ordered some LED light strips from the bay for the build but they came with a molex connector which im trying to avoid using any in the build so went ahead changed to a sata connector.

DSC_0062_1.jpg

DSC_0063.jpg

DSC_0065_1.jpg

I also plan to put some fan male and female connectors near the end of the light strips so I can easily remove the door when needed.

Soldato
OP
Small update.

Ive been away on a course for over 3 weeks so progress has been alittle slow.

Anyway if you didnt already know I killed a set of 16GB corsair DDR3 trying to remove the heat spreaders. Ive been trying to figure out what to replace them with as wanted black PCB and a bit better than basic speed while not been too expensive.

Ocuk had a deal come up so got a 4x4GB 2400Mhz kit.

DSC_0104.jpg

DSC_0105.jpg

A quick test to see if they are all working fine. They actually match my motherboard pretty good.

DSC_0106.jpg

First heatsink removed.

DSC_0107.jpg

Came off lots easier than the corsair stuff as not glued.

DSC_0108.jpg

EK parts fitted.

DSC_0109.jpg

DSC_0112.jpg

And a quick test fit with block and fittings.

DSC_0113.jpg

All comments and criticisms welcomed.

Associate
Also watching this keenly. Love the case choice and going to do something similar myself soon. It's shaping up nicely. I used those fittings on my last build and rate them highly. Also used the noiseblockers and can't fault them.

Soldato
I found those ek ram kits with corsair ram very unsatisfactory the covers would slide off.
Followed the instructions to the T!
EKs first bad product in my opinion.
Really looking forward to the rest of your build m8, James at pexon doesn't disappoint.
The color of the fittings look banging on the blocks :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yea I know what you mean. When I tried to remove the block and ram as one piece the one stick stayed in the motherboard. I think it could do with more thermal pads included considering the pretty high price so you can pack it around the sticks to hold them in better.

Thanks for the comments. Ordered some coolant and dye to start mixing up a colour to fit the build.

Soldato
OP
Small update.

Time to mix up some coolant.

Started with some Mayhems Ice White Pastel.

DSC_0121.jpg

Added some of their Emerald Green Dye.

DSC_0122.jpg

The aim is to match the lighter Gray of my PSU sleeving.

DSC_0124.jpg

Added some more of the green along with some red and this I feel is getting pretty close to what im after.

DSC_0127.jpg

Feel i need to go alittle darker but I dont have any spare white so I dont want to go too far and have to place another order to lighten it up. Should hopefully tie all the colours of the build together.

Soldato
OP
Small update.

Some new parts for the build arrived today.

First is ive finally got the tubing for the build. Hopefully this is enough with the mistakes im going got make and the PETG is easy to use.

DSC_0021.jpg

I know its not exciting but I also got new Sata cable to hopefully totally hide it plugged in under the waterblock and run it behind the motherboard so its out of sight.

DSC_0016.jpg

Next I picked up one of the new 250GB Samsung m.2 SSD drives along with a Asus Hyper PCI-E adaptor to match the theme of the build.

DSC_0018.jpg

Next my pump and res combo arrived after the last one I bought been damaged and opened on arrival.

DSC_0019.jpg

Problem was the bracket was too tall to fit in the lower part of the case so needed trimming down about 5mm.

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

Tidied up and painted with the Res masked off to try avoid scratches on the many mock ups.

DSC_0020.jpg

Lastly I tried the board in the case for the along with some of the parts and cables to judge where to start drilling holes in the case.

DSC_0022.jpg

Found a few problems though with the cables from Pexon which will hopefully get sorted out quickly.

Thanks.

Soldato
OP
Update time.

Hi.

Last bit of modification to the case hopefully.

I wanted a drain/fill port hidden away at the rear of the case as there is no way to gain access to the loop once all plumbed in and I think it looks lots neater than having a loose pipe with a stop fitting somewhere in the case.

There is a nice little section on the lower rear of the case between the PSU and side panal so went ahead and marked ready for drilling.

DSC_0033.jpg

Used a small pilot drill bit to start. This probably should have been smaller.

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

Next onto this bit to open up the hole.

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

Not the best but after abit of a file turned out fine. As you can see below normally it will be capped off but can easily screw a small funnel on for filling.

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

This is how it is internally. Should give easy access to the stop tap which is a double safety measure so it wont leak.

DSC_0040.jpg

As you can see it should hopefully just fit between the PSU and side panel with the stop tap in the closed position.

DSC_0043_3.jpg

I also used the same method to fit the inlet and outlet between the lower and main chamber.

DSC_0016_1.jpg

Just waiting on the final order from OCUK and replacment cables from PexonPCs which should be next week then its time to put it all together.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom