[Build Log] Back To Water!

Soldato
OP
Loop layout thoughts?

Which one do you think is best?

sketch-1435325070028.jpg

sketch-1435325018907.jpg

I personally think blue is best as the gpu fittings are not directly above the cpu fittings as don't want any tubing that is not running either vertical or horizontal.

Soldato
OP
Well I did the loop then really wasn't happy with the quality of the bends or the layout so after lots of time just looking at it I re bent each tube in turn in a bit of a mix of the both which I'm now happy with.

I personally wouldn't recommend hardline for someone's first time building a loop as it just adds expensive and difficulty to the process. I found it was harder to do a good job with than I was expecting even after I've had lots of water-cooled builds before.

The lower chamber is still a work in process as there is next to no room but I should get there in the end.

The Eagle eyed among you may have noticed the ek sli block as I've got another 780ti in the post for some sli goodness.

Soldato
OP
Used the monsoon kit which has its limitations when bends are close together which was one of the problems the first time I bent the loop. I arranged the loop differently to space the bends out.

Soldato
OP
As promised a few pics of finalised hardline side of build.

IMG_20150702_175945.jpg

IMG_20150702_175907.jpg

IMG_20150702_180017.jpg

What's people's thoughts on the loop? I tried to use all of the space so it didn't look too cramped or bare in places.

Soldato
OP
its great love it bits :):):)

Thanks.

Love that GPU to CPU bend! Looking forward to see some colour flowing through it

Same mate. That bend worked out looking better than expected.

Looking good. how easy is hard tubing?

I wouldn't call it easy at all. If you wanted to use fittings for all the changes of direction then that would be easy but it's super expensive and looks worse Imo. I'm glad I ordered extra tubing for making mistakes. Takes abit if planning and lots of trial and error. A bending kit helps but really not that important.

Back
Top Bottom