[Build Log] The Define Project

Associate
OP
Hey guys, some great news came this week! :)

Last batch of water cooling goods is making it's way to me. :D

Also, HWLabs finally shipped my replacement radiator, directly from the Philippines (how cool is that?) and to my surprise, it arrived today with Fedex! When I opened the box, I found out they were so nice to not only free-ship this thing, but also include TWO brand new radiators. First, a GTS360 (which I asked over the faulty 280) and a BONUS Alpha Pro 120 radiator! :applausex:

I checked the 360 for any defects and I'm glad to say they checked it before shipping and it's good-to-go! So... next thing is getting it mounted in the case. :)

Another small news... my Seagate is doing it's way back from RMA! :applausex:

Overall good progress, March dead line is gonna get tight though. ;)

Prepping the new shield for white paint:

M1s7Kb9.jpg.png

The new radiator:

UdtNDdT.jpg.png

Last edited:
Associate
OP
So, I've been searching for 12mm copper pipe and it comes out as not so-easy task. However, I found out that I can get me brass pipes for the right size and right price. Also, found out a place to get a acryilc tubing ala BP crystal links. For pretty damn cheap. 5$ per 2m piece.

Anyway, what I did today...

Shield is painted after applying three coats to it. I'm not absolutely 100% satisfied with it, but it's not super important right now. ;)

D0UAmrE.jpg.png

p8gnSBX.jpg.png

Off-project assignment: Sleeved my Gelid fans to help it re-gain value, they're basically going on sale since I no longer require them. I ordered 3x NB eLoops. :)

Z0ilvHl.jpg.png

czTpxgN.jpg.png

tlGAk4X.jpg.png

Last edited:
Associate
OP
That's it. All orders for this project are done and everything is now here. :D

I gotta say, these eLoop fans are the best looking fans I've ever seen. They also match the arctic-white painted pieces of the Define R4.

Teaser...

6WgHv99.jpg.png

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Man, I just LOVE Bitspower. The only thing I dislike, is their stock o-rings that come in an eye-sore green. :(

Anyway, I did what I had to do and got a pack of black ones instead! :)

T4RQmwc.jpg.png

74XH822.jpg.png

And finally, the pack of sleeving that eventually made it:

Q6HBQpf.jpg.png

The white balance was totally off, I'm terribly sorry about that.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Made my official trial in psu sleeving today. Failed the first attempt because I wasn't using a reducer on my heat-gun, however... 2nd attempt went pretty perfect. :)

lqBJ3fH.jpg.png

Went back to iphone after battery died on the casual camera.

Back
Top Bottom