Build refresh and downsize

Soldato
Thaink I'll be following @tamzzy in the way of the RVZ03 .. but ARGB because if the kids, Nd white because all things IKEA
@orbitalwalsh - does your wife know yet or is this part of some elaborate plan to justify a Gigabyte x570i based upgrade at the expense of a £130 'accidental' desk miscalculation?
You've finally wangled it - that was quite the long play, Orbi :D

Ended the shift still at 13. Not killed anyone lol :D
:D

Well, the way my day is panning out i can't promise the same. Maybe a bit harder for me to explain away...

Soldato
You've finally wangled it - that was quite the long play, Orbi :D

:D

Well, the way my day is panning out i can't promise the same. Maybe a bit harder for me to explain away...

haha, remembered i used Raijintek Thetis a while ago- would also work too- be cheap but still have to replace the HUGE 190mm bequiet PSU

Soldato
Doing some cad now in work- pretty sure i can get ATX and SFX psu in the case with cut to the front of the shell to allow some flex room for cables
Seriously?

CAD pics (in best Orbi impression)?

/imagines design with board sticking out at the egdes :D

Soldato
Seriously?

Cad pics (in best Orbi impression)?

/imagines design with board sticking out at the egdes :D

haha, its all 2d work- looks a bit obvious in work if i've got a 3d model of a case up hehe

RVZ02 Width is 364mm - chassis is about 340mm - Older RVZ01-E was 350mm including plastic cladding . 03 version more fancy cladding is bigger but allows chassis to be cut and cables use up some of the extra space.

ATX Width is 244mm + SFX PSU turned 90 degrees anticlock wise is 100mm - what be one hell of a tight b*tch for sure ! Believe it would make it one of the smallest ATX cases with 14.6L total volume :D

In theory- very easy tool config for silverstone to change case to accept mATX and ATX ...

Soldato
Personally I don't find that at all funny, the extending not the killing, you could be at home with your now working system :p

i can picture all the doctor talk to a patient - " right im going to increase your VCore to 1.45v to see if i can push your BPO a little more " - with the patient nodding as we all do, fully accepting we know what the medical professional is talking about :D

or if @tamzzy is operating - moving body parts around to practice installation and cable management :D

Soldato
with the patient nodding as we all do, fully accepting we know what the medical professional is talking about :D
LOL - you need some doctor friends, they'll skew this perspective for you (funny and terrifying at the same time)

@tamzzy works in the 'Minor Injuries Unit' - all 13 came in with relatively innocuous conditions... :D

" right im going to increase your VCore to 1.45v "
Well, if Zen-2 is the running metaphor for patients in this analogy - no wonder they're comatose.

Last edited:
Soldato
LOL - you need some doctor friends, they'll skew this perspective for you (funny and terrifying at the same time)

@tamzzy works in the 'Minor Injuries Unit' - all 13 came in with relatively innocuous conditions... :D

Well, if Zen-2 is the running metaphor for patients in this analogy - no wonder they're comatose.

IV Drip of LN2 and they won't overheat :)

Soldato
haha, its all 2d work- looks a bit obvious in work if i've got a 3d model of a case up hehe

RVZ02 Width is 364mm - chassis is about 340mm - Older RVZ01-E was 350mm including plastic cladding . 03 version more fancy cladding is bigger but allows chassis to be cut and cables use up some of the extra space.

ATX Width is 244mm + SFX PSU turned 90 degrees anticlock wise is 100mm - what be one hell of a tight b*tch for sure ! Believe it would make it one of the smallest ATX cases with 14.6L total volume :D

In theory- very easy tool config for silverstone to change case to accept mATX and ATX ...
OK, grabbed 20 minutes for lunch - and watched a couple of RVZ03 builds - i'm struggling to see how you're going to mange this, even with the SFX - very intrigued in your design/re-model.

Have you got a case on tap for hands-on structure/strength analysis?

I'll take 2D if you have them - but don't make me suffer another Buildzoid effort but in 2D :D

Soldato
OK, grabbed 20 minutes for lunch - and watched a couple of RVZ03 builds - i'm struggling to see how you're going to mange this, even with the SFX - very intrigued in your design/re-model.

Have you got a case on tap for hands-on structure/strength analysis?

I'll take 2D if you have them - but don't make me suffer another Buildzoid effort but in 2D :D

fbdP78N.jpg

rnu6gLV.jpg

would have been easier if 550w TFX/Flex units existed

Soldato
fbdP78N.jpg

rnu6gLV.jpg

would have been easier if 550w TFX/Flex units existed
Yowza!

You've got to do this! Although, this may prove to be like one of those math problems that on surface seems solvable but when you get to the nitty-gritty your brain tries to disengage from all reasoning.

Hopefully, this wont prove to be case with this chassis - the plan looks solid in 2D/theory - and you certainly have the experience.

You should start a kick-starter called 'WIoWIW*' - i'll start you off with a tenner as i want to see it.

*Will It or Won't It Work :p

Or make one of these yourself - you probably could for a fraction of the cost if you had the right materials:

TItqbjh.jpg

Associate
All you need . Have one power GPU, no need for more an two m.2s.

mATX should be the end of ATX, m.2 on the back and good to go
Yeah, personally I think ATX takes up too much space.

Hats off to you if you manage to cram an ATX motherboard into the RVZ03. I'd give that a Spinal Tap 11 out of 10 difficulty rating!

Back
Top Bottom