Building a Home Gym

Soldato
Heads up theres 20% off this weekend at powerhousefitness :)

Nice! Unfortunately it doesn't include the deluxe strength package but I could buy it all separately without the pulley attachment (which I doubt I'll ever use anyway) for £379.18.

Associate
Sorry to bump the thread but I didn't think it was appropriate to create a new one!

I am currently looking for a weight bench and weights. I'm having a bit of difficulty really. I was wondering if anyone could suggest where to look. I'm after a bench that also has the functionality of a squat rack as I have limited space. I also need around 100kg of weights and of course the barbell.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Soldato
Sorry to bump the thread but I didn't think it was appropriate to create a new one!

I am currently looking for a weight bench and weights. I'm having a bit of difficulty really. I was wondering if anyone could suggest where to look. I'm after a bench that also has the functionality of a squat rack as I have limited space. I also need around 100kg of weights and of course the barbell.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

The walk in squat rack linked above is good for that I think, I use exactly that at the gym for bench, squat, and most things using a barbell but not from the floor, they have a power cage but I prefer the open rack. I'll be looking to get one of those when the garage is sorted.

Soldato
I ordered the power rack, bench and weights last week and yesterday only half of my order arrived. :confused:
So I contacted powerhouse and they've said the rest of the items are out of stock until early October! No one bothered to contact me in advance to tell me, so now they're saying I might have to wait a month for the rest of the items to arrive.

Unless they can give me a better bench and barbell for the same price I'll be asking for a refund. :mad:

Soldato
Bumpety bump bump!

I am thinking about getting this package soon. How did it get delivered? Will it be easy enough to get up stairs?

Can you order this package in the shops? My mate gave me a 20% discount loyalty card!

Also, I'm just a beginner so do you think it is dodgy doing bench presses if I live alone?

Soldato
It came delivered on a big wooden pallet, but in multiple boxes so it was easy enough to get upstairs.

You can afford to rep without a spotter because the safety bars will catch the bar before it crushes you if you set it up right.

Associate
I ordered this package and was told the bench, and the bench up (CF430) was out of stock for at least 2 weeks - not impressed as they couldn't tell me when it would come :(.

Associate
IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

All sitting ther doing nothing. As i said in another thread its very hard to train at home, more insentive in going to a gym and training hard with a partner in my experiance anyway

Soldato
It came delivered on a big wooden pallet, but in multiple boxes so it was easy enough to get upstairs.

You can afford to rep without a spotter because the safety bars will catch the bar before it crushes you if you set it up right.

Cheers for the help. It was okay to get upstairs except the main box. I had to drag it inside and then wait for my mate to help me. :D

What do you think of that flooring? I got it too but it seems really soft. I found some spare bits of carpet so i can put that under too but the flooring stuff just seems pathetic. How has it held up?

Not looking forward to the build but at the same time can't wait until it's done. :D

I ordered this package and was told the bench, and the bench up (CF430) was out of stock for at least 2 weeks - not impressed as they couldn't tell me when it would come :(.

Yeah same for me but they reckoned it would be here in the first two weeks of March.

Soldato
Yeah the matting doesn't really serve any real purpose. I was going to get some thick, rubber matting to put down either side of the power rack so absorb some of the impact when deadlifting and stuff. Unfortunately I never got round to it and, with it being quite expensive, I probably won't bother. Thinking about it, the matting does absorb some of the impact actually. It's not totally useless. In fact I might just have 2 strips down either side of the rack but doubled up so it's thicker.

Pro tip: when building, make sure the vertical bars are oriented correctly. I've built my rack twice and each time I made this mistake!

Back
Top Bottom