Building a Log Cabin

looks great, did it need planning permission? i think it may do as people will sleep in there??

EDIT: sorry didnt read the OP properly.. i was in too much of a rush to see the finnished cabin :D

Last edited:
Great post, looks very nice mate. They certantly didn't mess around when they turned upto put it together did they :D I'll be following this to see how it progresses :)

Superb build, Keops cabins are quailty.

We need our 'Home & Garden' sub forum.:(

Quink:
That's a lot of concrete to mix,get ready mix, remember one cubic metre, will equates to approximately 30-35 wheelbarrow loads, so look for a firm that has a minipump if access is a problem.

When I laid the hard standing,I had it pumpd, as lorry couldn't make the tight turn reversing into track, it saved the back breaking
barrowing.

Last edited:
That looks mint OP, well done!

Mind telling how much it cost for the whole job?
I'll let you know when its finished :o Its not over yet... I think its going to come in at about 10k, which is what I got for my car, but saying that I did not account for how much the damned paint costs etc etc.... Anyway its at most a 3rd of the price of a similar sized extension.
:)

Very cool.....but not sure if better idea would have been buying a bigger house as now all 3 of you will just be in a cabin rather then the house.....
:confused::confused:

A bedroom for them and a bedroom for the new kiddy in the house and a shiny new outdoor office for working from home, with a utility room in there too. Sounds like a great idea.

and started relaying the patio...

9.jpg

did you lay the slabs on screeded builders sand? :confused:

Impressive! I think looking at the price of the extension has made it possible for you to justify doing the log cabin properly. You've not done it on the cheap (although you've been very prudent and hands on to save money) and the end result will be very satisfying.

Back
Top Bottom