Building a travel tech pack

Caporegime
We travel a fair amount and occasionally get caught out in the tech department so I'm building a pack with some goodies:

Usb c to hdmi adapter
Hdmi lead
Fire stick / Chromecast
Battery bank
2x chargers
2x multi-cables
Usb sticks with films
Travel adapters

The aim is to never run out of juice, and if we do, charge quickly, and also never have to watch telly in Turkish / Czech / French / German / whatever as most hotels / resorts only have rubbish English telly, in Prague we literally had some Chinese news channel :eek:

This won't be upgraded for quite some time so I need decent stuff. It'll be dedicated to travelling only so no need to use any of it at home.

If anyone has any suggestions or bits worth adding in please do, I'm looking to make this a good little kit.

Last edited:
Maybe useful, I’ve found it easier to use an “adapted” 4 way UK plug with USB easier than taking multiple adapters, i.e. you only need a single adapted socket for all your UK plugs, you’ll be amazed how many expensive hotel rooms don’t have enough plugs!

Also I’d add in an Asus ROG Flow X13 and a 3080 XG mobile add on, but that’s just me.

Last edited:
My top recommendations:

INIU Power Bank, 100W 25000mAh - Comes up regularly for about £30.
BANGE Travel Backpacks,Weekender Carry On Backpack, Waterproof Men's Business Laptop Backpack - £60. Almost an exact copy of the £250 Gomatic Travel Pack.

Besides that, a decent (Manta, for example) sleep mask and earplug that are comfy to sleep in!

Last edited:
Similar carry bag here although rather than carry films on USB I've now got a Raspberry Pi 5 with a 4TB SSD which I run an emby server and NAS from so I can just stream stuff to my tablet/phone or Chromecast if I desire.

My top recommendations:

INIU Power Bank, 100W 25000mAh - Comes up regularly for about £30.
BANGE Travel Backpacks,Weekender Carry On Backpack, Waterproof Men's Business Laptop Backpack - £60. Almost an exact copy of the £250 Gomatic Travel Pack.

Besides that, a decent (Manta, for example) sleep mask and earplug that are comfy to sleep in!

Looks a cracking bag, I'm looking for a decent work bag for my IT kit / laptop / tablet, etc and that may well do the trick.

We travel a fair amount and occasionally get caught out in the tech department so I'm building a pack with some goodies:

Usb c to hdmi adapter
Hdmi lead
Fire stick / Chromecast
Battery bank
2x chargers
2x multi-cables
Usb sticks with films
Travel adapters

The aim is to never run out of juice, and if we do, charge quickly, and also never have to watch telly in Turkish / Czech / French / German / whatever as most hotels / resorts only have rubbish English telly, in Prague we literally had some Chinese news channel :eek:

This won't be upgraded for quite some time so I need decent stuff. It'll be dedicated to travelling only so no need to use any of it at home.

If anyone has any suggestions or bits worth adding in please do, I'm looking to make this a good little kit.

Funny you started this thread, I am off for 3 weeks later this year and 1 of those I have to work on location and have put together something similar.

So far I have:-

Chromcast
USB-C to USB-C cable x 2
USB-A to USB-C cable x 2
USB-C to Lightning (can't wait to get rid of this)
65W Travel adaptor with 2x USB-C and 2x USB-A ports
65W UK adaptor with 2x USB-C port. (will provide 65w if only 1 device is plugged in, so will be my MBP power supply)
2TB SSD
USB dongle for MBP
MBP
iPad Air (so I can work dual screen)
10,00mha Battery bank
(Also have a Sharge 170 power bank but it is quite heavy and not sure I will need it)

One thing I worry is that some hotel's wifi you log in through a web portal, they don't give you a wifi password, how do you get around those? Since the Chromcast with Google TV need the Wifi passport in the settings bit.

I don't think I will need an HDMI lead since the chromcast has it built in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom