[Buildlog] GAME HARD, FOLD HARDER

Associate
OP
Today I spent working on the case. Needed to testfit the illuminated midplate so I could draw where to make the two fillport holes. Also fitted the bay sidecover (which is :clap: in real life). Needed to fit and remove some parts. Still getting to know the correct order :lol:
Tomorrow I am making the holes and fitting it back for real. :rock:

------------------------------

I received a mysterious package today. Check it out.

Hooray :)

Sir Michael of Mayhems was so kind to donate me 3 liters of their orange coolant and some red and yellow dye to perfect it to the brightest orange I could think of.
Freaking amazing Mike. Thank you very much. I am honored you're willing to put your name on this case.

http://www.mayhems.co.uk/front/#.UctQxpxdUoI

Associate
OP
Big update time. Today I did the final fitting adjustments so I could fit all new plexi parts. I did a small photosession after that. With bad lighting, but just to give you the general idea of how it is coming together now.

First I drilled two 20mm holes for the fillports. After this I took out the mobo tray completely and fitted the bay cover and the illuminated midplate. I also fitted the new backplate of the case. And finally I put the lightbox on the inside of the backplate. This will light up the lion on the rear panel just like the gfx on the bay side cover will be lit by a large lightbox behind the cover.

Lets do some less typing and let the photos do the talking. Really not good quality. But it does give the general idea.

Next jobs to do: fit all the sleeved cables and make them also fit through the wonderfull "combs" on the mobo extension plate. Make my own large set of fan extension cables and fit them to the fancontroller. Sleeve (and shorten) the wiring from the D5 pump.

www.coldzero.eu

Associate
OP
This thread needs a big 'Not Safe for Wallet' banner.

stunning build Hukkel.

Thank you very much man. And that banner should have been shown to me before the build started hahah ;)

Nevermind 3d mark benchmarks - You are setting a build benchmark for the TJ07 that any future build in this chassis should be measured against. Love it.

That is one amazing compliment Chris, highly appreciated.

looks amazing tim, very nice build mate!

Thanks Davido (orange build brother ;) ). Hope you're enjoying the log.

Great build. Very well done. Looking forward to seeing the final touches!

Thank you. I also cannot wait. But I keep bumping into small things that need fixing :)

So awesome dude, can't wait to see the finished product :)

Thank you and same here :)

IC3

IC3

Soldato
The only thing I would change is that white bit to orange or black/orange bits.
When will we see this monster in action with the bright orangey fluid? :p

Associate
OP
The design and workman ship it top knoch! Very well done :)

Im not jelous honest :D

Thanks Jonnyp :)

The only thing I would change is that white bit to orange or black/orange bits.
When will we see this monster in action with the bright orangey fluid? :p

Hi IC3, well the midplate is an illuminated midplate. So it is white because it will give off a white glow to make other parts visible.

Yes I will use Mayhams pastel orange and dye it untill the orange pops from your monitor :D

You're welcome Hukkel. So, when does Igor get told to raise the lightning rod so you can finally pull the big red lever and start her up?

Oh man I hope in a few weeks. I just keep bumping into stuff to mod so it fits or where I need additional fittings for. It's driving me nuts :D
But I want to have it running soon. My fingers are itching!

Amazing work there hukkel!

Thank you very much Anox.

Associate
OP
Small update. I finally came around to make all my fan extension cables tonight. 9 pieces in various lengths I believe. I measures how long every fan extension needed to be. Wrote it down and took a seat :)
I will sleeve them tomorrow I think. They will be all black. They just need to look clean not be noticed a lot :)
It just needs to look tidy.

I also received a small package from an UK watercooling shop. I wanted to try out a few shops just to see how fast they ship and how good their prices are and also very important how good their stock is. I hate it when shops need to order stuff themselves and it takes weeks or longer for it to arrive to them. I don't have tie for that. Anyway, bought me two 90 degree EKWB adapters (who needs Bitspower with these looks and prices), an XSPC SLI connector to connect two pci slots that are directly next to eachother, a very heave Alphacool T-section. I will use this to fit the tab for the loop at the lowest point. And a male-male Alphacool connector to be able to fit that tab to the T-piece :D

Hopefully I can mount some stuff tomorrow or sunday. I still need to also sleeve the pump wiring (and shorten the 4 pin on that a lot. It is now almost all wiring, cablemanagement and hoses/pipes. After that the LEDs and their LED board. And after that.....leaktesting.

Back
Top Bottom