Bungalow build log

Soldato
OP
Done a couple things this week/weekend.

Plumbed in dishwasher/washing machine and they don't seem to rattle despite being packed in tight!

XtsAMGi.jpg

Put in a curtain/pole this afternoon (the old dining table is going to be sold..)
cqQ03Nm.jpg

Made a frame to allow a top box above fridge, first pic is mid way thru (it has another CLS batton below). Still need to cover panel it to hide the wood but should fit well. Also plugged in the small unit on the left hand side for house phone. Good use of a small space! (I need to cut the depth of the worktop slightly tho)

zxFut04.jpg

This was an absolute pain to do! Glad I don't have any other wall units..

L7w5k2p.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Haven't posted any pics /done much in a while, fitted some blinds and also a TV (also plinths and bought a new bin to just fit under the worktop)

6wGfqnY.jpg

WbLCOb7.jpg

xSPZWtb.jpg

Also bought a second sonos but the sound is better when theyre on opposite ends of the kitchen to allow better stereo effect

MTLvRoZ.jpg

Soldato
OP
From rubbish old doors to new doors (front and back) . Just need to get door reveals plastered then skirting board on.

Also painted the porch will need to get a comparison if I I have any old photos.. (was previously a hideous poor cream...

KWAj5yH.jpg

56I0Nsp.jpg

NIuUx6f.jpg

Back door
oMmh7nw.jpg

3vigLM2.jpg

m5pFv8D.jpg

Soldato
OP
Yeah drimaster is still good, no problems there.

Just need to put finished pictures of that bedroom (need to put skirting and carpet in then its done)

Been doing the garden, took a lot of jet washing and cleaning! Also levelled out some of the stones today (broke out and re levelled)

8AQNivWh.jpg

AFY4u9jh.jpg

Before picture from December but gives an idea of the growth!

I've de weeded the back since this.

Got rid of all the plants weeds etc.

Plan to dig down further, weed proof membrane then sand then shingle on top. Is this the standard way of doing it?

Also going to mortar in the flower bed better so it sits in better. I imagine standard mortar be will be OK?

Im getting rid of the car port also later this year and a new bathroom in a couple months :p
AJMmx6e.jpg

HZdBIoO.jpg

Soldato
OP
Great log mate you should be really proud of the changes you've made

I am indeed! I've since got the weed proof fabric down in the garden bed, mortared in the rocks, jet washed/sanded the patio.

Ready for 3 tons of gravel tomorro! (delayed, was meant to be Friday)

Valuation has gone from 255k previous to 310k for new mortgage which is reassuring! Got the bathroom still to do.

Finally also bought some new doors for the bedrooms/bathroom , taken far too long..

Going to have to put a 40mm door in a 35mm frame for lounge. Anyone done that before? I could shave off the frame but might not look too bad with 5mm of difference?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Why thank you... I should really get up some finished pictures of the kitchen!

Been touching up a couple bits of cracked plaster by the doorframes today (red devil filler), fitted skirting board in porch (finally!) and went to the tip with 3 pallets after unloading 3 tonnes of gravel earlier in the week (breaking the pallets was a pain even with a good vibrating saw! I assume no one takes them for scrap.

I appreciate garden looks pretty bare which I shall rectify, but currently got some roses in back and on the left. Not sure wether to go with more contrasting pots or something that fits in. eg the one on the back left which I bought ages ago before planning this contrasts with the gravel...

SJ3SSHM.jpg QN0cRMm.jpg

Soldato
OP
Replaced all the internal house doors... Finally!

The bathroom is being replaced in August. Also considering a log burner although not sure if I will make the money back (say £1.5k) when I sell the house?

jTKznxQ.jpg

FXPfRYK.jpg

(the unit in the corners skirting/plinth does fit I just have to reallign it :p )

xPhhqDZ.jpg

Z064EB8.jpg

Soldato
OP
Knocked down the old carport, as it was falling apart, and blocked out a lot of light. I already have an adjacent garage and I think it's better to have more space.

Took about a week to do following and had help from brother, will need some overall garden pics once tidied up!

Old pic I happened to have when bbq (looks brighter than it is). Only part I liked was the gate/archway but the brickwork was wrecked.
SYRtmef.jpg

KRu98HU.jpg

cSf6lh4.jpg

ltHr7Vd.jpg

zZd86Z3.jpg

hrtvDLV.jpg

O4MoAZJ.jpg

About half of the timber here (what's left after making the below fence )
P3zq5p2.jpg

5BjoMrt.jpg

MWOkQnL.jpg

IthLx1D.jpg

11VmYdj.jpg

First time ever making a gate and hanging a door, but the result is pretty good!

Need to do the same around the back end also

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom