Burnout Paradise Official Thread

Soldato
Whats the reviews been like for this? I thought the demo lacked the intensity of Revenge, I'll probably still buy it on Friday anyway.

~J~

~J~

Soldato
Whats the reviews been like for this? I thought the demo lacked the intensity of Revenge, I'll probably still buy it on Friday anyway.

Quite positive.

VERY few have complained about the open play, most have said their doubts have gone out of the windows because it does feel right while a couple have said they still miss the 'retry' button.

Only major criticism has been lack of "Crash Mode" (which is now Show Time) and saying that while it's a lot of fun, a lá Katamari, once you've done it a few times you probably won't bother with it anymore.

Soldato
Just placed an order for this for the 360, played the demo but not for long. Never played a burnout game before so wasn't 100% what was going on but should have some time this weekend to play through it.

Should be good :)

V1N

V1N

Associate
I got an email this morning saying mine has been shipped.

I ordered from the Purple place, out of interest to see what this "free car" is.

First time I've paid full price (ie. £39.99) for a game, since I bought the PS3.
All my other purchases have come from the States, or a few second hand.

I thought if I ordered from them, I'd get it on, or indeed before, the day of release, which doesn't seem to matter now as I'm addicted to Assassin's Creed, so probably won't put much time into Burnout until I've completed that.
Still, saying that, I'll doubtless go for a cruise around Paradise City tomorrow... and find out what my free car is like. Considering my free car cost me £10 (more than the cost of buying it elsewhere) I don't expect it'll be worth it ;)

But I don't care, some games are worth paying full price for... and I've bought every burnout game so far, except Dominator, at full price, brand new.
I just hope it doesn't disappoint. I'm one of those who's not convinced about the open ended gameplay. I loved Burnout for its fast and furiously intense races, around a course that you could memorise to get the absolute best time out of.. and in case of failing, restarting and trying again.

Obviously I'm giving Paradise the benefit of the doubt, and shall see how I get on with it. I'm sure I'll love it, just not in a traditional Burnout sort of way.

V1N.

Caporegime
I got an email this morning saying mine has been shipped.

I ordered from the Purple place, out of interest to see what this "free car" is.

First time I've paid full price (ie. £39.99) for a game, since I bought the PS3.
All my other purchases have come from the States, or a few second hand.

I thought if I ordered from them, I'd get it on, or indeed before, the day of release, which doesn't seem to matter now as I'm addicted to Assassin's Creed, so probably won't put much time into Burnout until I've completed that.
Still, saying that, I'll doubtless go for a cruise around Paradise City tomorrow... and find out what my free car is like. Considering my free car cost me £10 (more than the cost of buying it elsewhere) I don't expect it'll be worth it ;)

But I don't care, some games are worth paying full price for... and I've bought every burnout game so far, except Dominator, at full price, brand new.
I just hope it doesn't disappoint. I'm one of those who's not convinced about the open ended gameplay. I loved Burnout for its fast and furiously intense races, around a course that you could memorise to get the absolute best time out of.. and in case of failing, restarting and trying again.

Obviously I'm giving Paradise the benefit of the doubt, and shall see how I get on with it. I'm sure I'll love it, just not in a traditional Burnout sort of way.

V1N.

Cough up the code, once you used it, if you are feeling generous :)

You haven't really paid a tenner for the code as most popular UK places are selling the game for £34.99 and above without discounts etc, although obviously it has cost you more then buying the USA imported version, which can be had for £29.99 ish delivered.

rp2000

V1N

V1N

Associate
I preordered from the same place a few weeks ago, does every order get a code or is it just the first few?

I've no idea.
It was just written on the Burnout Paradise page when I went to order it.

V1N.
EDIT: Hmmm, I don't see it written on the page any more. I ordered mine on 7th Jan.

Last edited:

~J~

~J~

Soldato
Code or not then, is it a car that we can unlock anyway in the game or is it an exclusive?

If it's one that can be unlocked ingame that I'm not fussed, but when I pre-ordered mine all those months ago I can't remember seeing anything about a code.

V1N

V1N

Associate
Code or not then, is it a car that we can unlock anyway in the game or is it an exclusive?

If it's one that can be unlocked ingame that I'm not fussed, but when I pre-ordered mine all those months ago I can't remember seeing anything about a code.

It said exclusive on the page when I ordered.
(or it could've been Exclusive to game)

Inoshishi ordered one too, I'm sure he'll be along to correct me later ;)
V1N.

EDIT: Thinking back, I'm sure it's exclusive. If it was an unlockable car anyway, I'd not have bothered to order from them, for the extra money. Nevertheless, I'm not expecting anything spectacular. I'm sure it won't be game changing if you don't get it. Knowing my luck, it'll be a ghastly purple car, with the shopname logo down the side lol

Last edited:
Soldato
I got a call from my girlfriend that she received Burnout Paradise in her store where she works today and bought it, but I need to go to a work dinner this evening so I can't play :mad:

Maybe I will boot it up later this evening to have a quick blast.

Associate
I've no idea.
It was just written on the Burnout Paradise page when I went to order it.

V1N.
EDIT: Hmmm, I don't see it written on the page any more. I ordered mine on 7th Jan.

Mine said the same when I preordered it and the reason I asked is because its not there now, so I presume it is limited. But I have not had an email with the code like they did with COD4 beta for example

V1N

V1N

Associate
Mine said the same when I preordered it and the reason I asked is because its not there now, so I presume it is limited. But I have not had an email with the code like they did with COD4 beta for example

Ah yeah, I remember now.
To be honest, I didn't pay an awful lot of attention to it.
I just spotted "free car" and was intrigued enough to try it, seeing as I wanted to preorder anyway.

I just assumed it was a one off code that they give to all their customers, so should be no harm with sharing it with other people anyway?

I've not received the code email yet either.
Maybe when it's actually released?

V1N.

Back
Top Bottom