Burnout Paradise Official Thread

Ah yeah, I remember now.
To be honest, I didn't pay an awful lot of attention to it.
I just spotted "free car" and was intrigued enough to try it, seeing as I wanted to preorder anyway.

I just assumed it was a one off code that they give to all their customers, so should be no harm with sharing it with other people anyway?

I've not received the code email yet either.
Maybe when it's actually released?

V1N.

I have read that it may be unique codes (Although i have no idea if this is on XBL/PSN or both). Get your free car before letting others use the code. In the past this chain has always e-mailed the codes for the free content (NFS, Forza 2, etc). May be worth checking SPAM folder etc.

The only thing I hate is in USA multiple chains get exclusive content they can sell, in the UK it is always the one same chain, who happen to be the most overpriced!!!

rp2000

The only thing I hate is in USA multiple chains get exclusive content they can sell, in the UK it is always the one same chain, who happen to be the most overpriced!!!

They dont work out too bad for me, they always have discount codes, the 11% quidco is great and also the reward card.

So for example £39.99 pre-order -£2 reward card, -£3 discount code and -£4 via quidco = around £30.99 (not great at maths but thats about right)

Granted quidco takes a bit of time to come back but it all adds up.

Bah day off tomorrow - do i cave and order it online or wait till friday and see what the price is? :)

Wait till Friday now mate, can't see you getting it tomorrow if you order online. Takes ages for the choo-choo trains to get to Polar Bear country.

Mine's on it's way :)

11:11 AM (5 hours ago)

"We are pleased to inform you that your order has been dispatched today by 1st Class Recorded Signed For Delivery."

Forgot to say, I've gone for the PS3 version for now as a) My Xbox is still buggered and b) I have the PS Eye for my PS3 so can show people my winky when they take me down.

Must be!!! Oh well, Mass Effect and Orange Box on 360 will have to take a back seat then....

rp2000

Seriously...stop whatever you are doing, put Mass Effect/Orange Box into your xbox and start playing. NOW! You will not regret it, both games are absolutely awesome. Mass Effect is probably just about the better of the two though.

Oh and by the way, im fully expecting the "Exclusive" car to be unlockable through cheats, as with what happened on Pro Street.

Mine's on it's way :)

11:11 AM (5 hours ago)

"We are pleased to inform you that your order has been dispatched today by 1st Class Recorded Signed For Delivery."

Forgot to say, I've gone for the PS3 version for now as a) My Xbox is still buggered and b) I have the PS Eye for my PS3 so can show people my winky when they take me down.

Note to-self dont play windle online lol.

Only done a few races but so far it excellent :D the framerate is nice and smooth, even when i'm flying through traffic at 150mph! not had 1 bit of slowdown.

Also for people with live/psn there are 100's of challeneges to do so i'm sure they'll keep you occupied for a while

Mods delete if it's too early to post about the game

actually i was playing this today at my local independent games store as i know the manager and i must say its excellent (this was the PS3 version). 1st thing i noticed was when you actually see the full city you think "blimey what do i do and where do i go now", lol - theres so much to do that its distracting. Your speeding down the road and you see so many jumps and hidden shorcutsthat half the time i was turn round and going back to try them out and never actually going anywhere, lol

Did a few races and got 4 cars one of which i had to takedown in the free-ride mode after a winning race event, was told to keep an eye out for a certain car and to win it had to take them out. Then drobve back to junk yard to try it out and was told it was a speed car and that it had the burnout mode that wasn't in Burnout Revenge but was in Burnout Dominator where you cannot use boost until its full then you can and if you use it all up you get another full boost bar and a boost combo - which i loved on Burnout Dominator and glad to see it back on this.

This was all done within 30mins or so of gameplay and i was hooked but tore myself away because i wanted to play at home when my order turns up and don't want to ruin all the surprises that a bound to be in the game

BTW no slowdown either on PS3 just like demo and blistering fast 60fps (so Dirtydog if your still about - now is the time!)

Back
Top Bottom